Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People working with animals

Options
  • 07-03-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Are there any animal shelters around galway, close enough to the city or even outside the city??? I know of the GSPCA but its to far to travel. Im looking for work as a volunteer or anything to get myself started with a career working with animals.
    I would love to do veterinary assistant/vet nursing in the future. Anyone working with in a vet clinic? Is there any advice u would give when looking for work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

lisajane wrote: »
    Im looking for work as a volunteer or anything to get myself started with a career working with animals

Join an advertising agency.

Kidding.... try EGAR.ORG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Also try Madra Dog Rescue, Martina & tara do a great job.
    You'll find their add in Thursday's advertiser.

If youre interested in dogs/training get in touch with me.

Ami

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

I am in the same boat- I have just graduated from college and am in my first job (QA) and it is interesting work but its not what I really want to do. Eventually I see myself moving down the country to a house with lots of land so ideally I would like a job I could take with me!

Advertisement