Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW campervan conversion

Options
  • 07-03-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I know there are loads of threads here about barreries but I have a very specific request.
    1 battery for engine, 1 leisure battery for everything else.
    what product will allow me to charge the 2 batteries off the altenator individually or together and is there something that will stop the power leaving the battery when it gets too low. Also if my 2 batteries are 110 amp leisure batteries can I switch between them eg. my leisure battery is empty, can i start the engine on the normal and then switch it to the leisure to charge quicker.

also will this allow me to charge the 2 batteries when I connect up to 240v in a campsite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A split charge relay should do the trick. Here is one from Ebay. This will connect to the altenator and an output to each battery.
    To charge from electricity a charger could be used with power into this unit. An alternative is this one which has a charger built in.

As reguards starting your battery using a leisure battery I wouldn't recommend it. I don't believe the're designed as starter batteries and you'd probably kill it after a short time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

Thanks for the quick reply, the second one sounds perfect.

Advertisement