Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning wifi laptop into access point/wireless router

Options
  • 07-03-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Hi can any one tell me how to turn a wifi laptop using a USB 3G modem into an access point please? Basically I want to share my internet connection around the house using a wireless equipped laptop. Im using win XP prof.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

1) Set up an ad hoc network between devices
    2) Set up ICS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks mate, I have it working with encryption as well. Now i am having 1 problem, which is the connection on the client computers is dropping the wireless connection and having to re connect every so oftern. Its not signal as the signal strength is very good all around the house.A bit frustrating as you could be in the middle of something and bang, its gone! It does re connect though after a 30 seconds or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Make sure all the devices have the latest drivers and firmware installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

As far as i can see yes all drivers are latest and correct. It only seems to affect 1 laptop (My works laptop) Ive made sure all power saving mode is turned off. The connection just keeps disconnecting and then after about 30 seconds it re connects.

Advertisement