Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GamesMaster & Games World

Options
  • 06-03-2008 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Who could forget those television shows? Back in the 90s I was glued to the set everytime they came on. GamesMaster -, Patrick Moore as a disembodied cybernetic gaming entity?! Facking brilliant! Plus I remeber Games World having it's own bunch of wierdo's you'd have to fight like bosses - remeber Bad Boy Barry? :)

For most of us, we couldn't afford to buy every game that came out, so being able to check them out on the TV was pretty cool. But do any of you guys remeber a program, sometimes on UTV, with 3 girls reviewing games, one of them a yank? What was the name of that?

Check out the videos on youtube!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

CCCP^ wrote: »
    But do any of you guys remeber a program, sometimes on UTV, with 3 girls reviewing games, one of them a yank? What was the name of that?

I think that show was called Bits ... and it was on Channel 4

/edit : here you go ... how's that for total recall ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bat77

Thats the one, anyone remember Bad Influence! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I never remembered those 3 burds being so bet down. Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Aleks....omfg RIODE!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mmmm....

Aleks, and she gave a good review to Perfect DArk, so she knew her games too!
    She was providing reviews to the BBCi news service up to last year, at least she was credited with them, no named credits there now so can't say anymore.

I remember watching Games World, they had a different themed show depending on the day of the week at one stage, very good.

But special mention must go to the two planks on Gamezville, and the rather large nail it placed in the coffin of gaming shows on mainstream tv channels, what a pair of gob****es, and there also must be a special effluent filled cavern in hades for that muppet "THE GAMES GURU", honestly, would the application of a shovel to the back of his head been too much to ask for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I liked all the reviews and features but hated the Challenges most of the time. Does anyone remember the bloke from Little Britan being on the Big boy Barry show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Yeah LoGiE, he does the same kind of character as the one on Dennis Pennis I think. Gamezville was thrash tv to me. Nothing will ever top GamesMaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

ahhh the memories, anyone remember the Gamesmater "Christmas Gore Special". I only watched it again the other day, great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sarah from Gamezville made it watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Did anyone watch When Games Attack on Bravo? Dominik Diamond hosted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LoGiE wrote: »
    I liked all the reviews and features but hated the Challenges most of the time. Does anyone remember the bloke from Little Britan being on the Big boy Barry show?

Yep. He was brilliant on it... He was a super creepy nerd.

I think I still have the special adult edition of Gamesmaster on video somewhere. They reviewed all the really gorey games and Dominick Diamond and Gamesmaster were able to swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I loved Gamesworld on Sky 1. I liked Big Boy Barry and his nerdy friend Leslie Luncheonmeat (who was played by Little Britain's David Walliams in one of his first tv appearances)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

Ha yeah. Some good and some really, really bad shows mentioned here. There's also a show called gamer tv on Bravo. And don't forget Cybernet.

Bits, eh?

Wow, I haven't seen those chicks in ages. Or have I?
    I seem to remember that was on pretty late at night, no? Well, I think yer one Emily Booth may have gone on to have an even later night show on a dodgy sattelite channel a few years back. If you know what i mean.

I think it may have been called "Threesome". Don't remember her having too much interest in games, though. Or clothes, come to that.

Course I may be way wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Darnell13 wrote: »
    Ha yeah. Some good and some really, really bad shows mentioned here. There's also a show called gamer tv on Bravo. And don't forget Cybernet.

Bits, eh?

Wow, I haven't seen those chicks in ages. Or have I?
    I seem to remember that was on pretty late at night, no? Well, I think yer one Emily Booth may have gone on to have an even later night show on a dodgy sattelite channel a few years back. If you know what i mean.

I think it may have been called "Threesome". Don't remember her having too much interest in games, though. Or clothes, come to that.

Course I may be way wrong.

Emily booth presents xleague.tv and does some stuff on Zone horror as we speak. Also, importantly, she got her baps out in cradle of fear.

You may continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Whatever happened to Big Boy Barry? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

This is what it was all about - the excalibur of 90's gaming!!:)02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

ah gamesmaster,the time when there was debates of sega vs nintendo,little we know we had grey magic box on the horizon called the psx which would change history all together.

useless info- i remember seeing the pc game kingpin on bits one night,i went out bought game then!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

God yeah,this brings back memories. I remember all the lads would be dying to see "The games mistress"/Jet and talking about how hot she was the next day in school. And Big boy Barry was a hillarious character. I used to love the challenges but only when it was street fighter 2. Gaming was far more nerdish and less cool then,the playstation changed all that.

Ahhh those carefree and naive days, who would'nt want to revisit them?

Advertisement