Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mac foundation

Options
  • 06-03-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

well i got studio tech and its ok but i find it cakes later in the day. I want to try another mac one but dont know which is the best.what mac foundation do you guys use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i know you are looking for mac but i think bobbi brown,the stick foundation is really nice. I have studio tech & stick foundtion in mac but i find they dont last long & i dont use much. ive never had makeup run out so quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Taters

If you mean cakes as in melting on your face or whatever, maybe you should just purchase MAC Primer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I don't use Mac anymore i noticed that it caked up and in pics my face looks so made up and it's unreal. Started using Boujouir powder and thats good, but now i use white baby powder(it's brilliant for me) and only 2euro...
    keep trying different products untill you find one you can work with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

i know what you mean by it wasting quickly but im a NW in mac which really helps to neutralise the redness in my cheeks but i heard that bobbi borwn foundation is yellow-toned and isnt good for someone like me.
    How much is it?how long does is last?

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I don't use Mac anymore i noticed that it caked up and in pics my face looks so made up and it's unreal. Started using Boujouir powder and thats good, but now i use white baby powder(it's brilliant for me) and only 2euro...
    keep trying different products untill you find one you can work with

You use white baby powder as a foundation? ~forgive my ignornace~

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You use white baby powder as a foundation? ~forgive my ignornace~
    I use it on my face, i don't use foundation anymore..... I know it sounds silly but it works for me.

uniquechic wrote: »
    i know what you mean by it wasting quickly but im a NW in mac which really helps to neutralise the redness in my cheeks but i heard that bobbi borwn foundation is yellow-toned and isnt good for someone like me.
    The bobbi brown in 38euro i think, it's small. I don't think it lasts as long as mac.

Has anyone tried face?

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I use it on my face, i don't use foundation anymore..... I know it sounds silly but it works for me.

I'm actually the same colour as Baby powder :D So maybe I might give that a go. Do you put it on with a mineral foundation brush thingy?
    It's mean to be highly carcionogenic though isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 indocom

You're obviously putting far too much on. Its stage makeup remember. Apply it with a damp sponge for best results. If your skin is oily you shouldnt even be using it. Studio Fix is better for oily skintypes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was looking for foundation and the girls in Mac put some horrible orange thing on me that seemed to make my skin ridiculously dry. In Bobbi Brown I got a lovely natural shade that looked so much as if I wasn't wearing any make up. My face can go red but Bobbi Brown managed to neutralise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Bobbi brown is perfect as the yellow nuetralises red in a natural way. Might need a bit of bronzer with it though because it really does even skin tone & can wash you out if your very pale. Havent had mine too long so cant say how long it lasts but so far so good. As someone already said its 36/38 euro i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭macbarbie

i love mac..... hence the name...

studio tech is origionally for photo shoots etc... again hence the name...

it can be very heavy and can cake if you dont use it right.... try the mac primer to make it stick better or wetting the sponge to make it less heavy

I myself use the studio fix fluid durin the day, its great coverage but not as heavy.

and i use studio tech goin out as its heavier and lasts longer....

I only use the primer if im goin out again to make it last longer but with both i use the transparent power with a powder puff to hold it all together and stop it goin oily or cakey....

especially around the eye area so i dont get makeup creases on my eyelids....

hope this help xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

Id go with the NC in the MAC..well thats what i was told Ive redness too and this neutralises it..its yellow toned.Same with the Bobbi Brown ones..yellow toned for neutralising redness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

My skin is so pale I'm Casper-ish but I went into MAC in Harrods and they found the best for me, I got Studio Fix in the compact, goes on real easy and it blends great and I don't look like I'm caked.

I have to say I was always turned off going into BT to the MAC counter because the girls there were so caked on it was unreal and the idea of somebody orange putting on minimalist makeup on me was just not gonna happen. The girl who made me up in Harrods MAC was great, she looked like she had hardly any makeup on and she hadn't the orange effect either. So I am now a MAC convert, all my makeup is MAC and I have all the brushes too, yay!

tinkerbell wrote: »
    My skin is so pale I'm Casper-ish but I went into MAC in Harrods and they found the best for me, I got Studio Fix in the compact, goes on real easy and it blends great and I don't look like I'm caked.

What colour do you get tink?
    I got it in BT's once and I wasn't paying attention really and the girl gave me umpa lumpa in a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

NW15! It matches my skin tone perfect as well so I don't look ghastly pale as other foundations have made me. It just evens out my skin tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I use the mineralize one, it's not too heavy and there's good coverage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I post in support of the nw15!! I am pale, but go red with the slightest bit of exertion, but find the nw15 neutralizes my coloring which is great..i use the studio fix fluid, dont always brush on the powder after as I find tht can dry my skin, but the studio fix is great..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I use NW20 in Studio FX. Is the compact better?

tinkerbell wrote: »
    NW15! It matches my skin tone perfect as well so I don't look ghastly pale as other foundations have made me. It just evens out my skin tone.

Thats the one I had.....sob!

• Advertisement
Advertisement