Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail Settings

Options
  • 06-03-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I wonder if anybody out there could help me.
    I need to know how to set up an Eircom Webmail HTTP account
    in Outlook Express. Anyone know the settings?
    Thamks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Incomming POP server mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing SMTP server mail1.eircom.net (as long as your ISP is Eircom)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

What would thwe setting be if you ISP isn't eircom.

I'm having trouble connecting as i am using the Vodafone wireless broadband.

Thanks

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

every isp runs there own mail server , mostly pop3 connections

as stated above thats eircoms mail server, if you ring you're ISP tech support they`ll give it to u, granted thats if they have one. Pretty sure the mobile operaters dont, but all the DSL isps would have.

My windows Mail has no problem in retreving new mails, but will not sent any the error is "The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider."
    The Out going SMTP is mail1.eircom.net. Can any one help?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

try mail2.eircom.net and make sure its set to POP3

I havent used there mail service in a long time so my memory might be serving me wrong,
    but the simple thing to do is to ring there tech department... there open for another hour until 7 afaik

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try mail.vodafone.ie as outgoing mail server in windows mail, failing that login to http://webmail.eircom.net to send it from there

Nick

nuxxx wrote: »
    try mail2.eircom.net and make sure its set to POP3

I havent used there mail service in a long time so my memory might be serving me wrong,
    but the simple thing to do is to ring there tech department... there open for another hour until 7 afaik

Tried that but still comes up with the same error

Many thanks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

yoyo wrote: »
    Try mail.vodafone.ie as outgoing mail server in windows mail, failing that login to http://webmail.eircom.net to send it from there

Nick

That may well be correct (mail.vodafone.ie) but afaik voda use a secure server so the correct security settings would need to be set along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wardie91

O'Nullain wrote: »
    Thamks

the settings are as follows
    u must change the pop3 address to webmail.eircom.net as that is the address of the new webmail server. mail1.eircom.net and mail2.eircom.net only apply to the old eircom email servers. You do not have to change the SMPT address as it is outgoing mail and will still work fine on the old address but seeing your mail has now moved to the new webmail server to access it the address is different hence why u must change it to webmail.eircom.net

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I am still getting asked for my password constantly using webmail.eircom.net. It doesn't accept it. Its totally random though, sometimes my email is working and sometimes it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davedots

Hi, I am having the same problem.

I can receive emails but cannot send ONLY when I am connected to my wifi at home. When Im connected on O2 broadband & other wireless networks I cannot send emails out but receive okay.

I have tried all the solutions outlined above but with no success.

Tried & Failed changing settings to mail.eircom.net & mail1.eircom.net.

The current setting mail2.eircom.net workswhen connected at home and allows emails to be received only.

Any suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

davedots wrote: »
    Hi, I am having the same problem.

I can receive emails but cannot send ONLY when I am connected to my wifi at home. When Im connected on O2 broadband & other wireless networks I cannot send emails out but receive okay.

I have tried all the solutions outlined above but with no success.

Tried & Failed changing settings to mail.eircom.net & mail1.eircom.net.

The current setting mail2.eircom.net workswhen connected at home and allows emails to be received only.

Any suggestions???

eircom's outgoing email server will only work from an eircom internet account. If you're using O2, you need to use O2's outgoing, SMTP, server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davedots

Just spoke to Eircom Tech Support.

Settings need to change to server you are connected to, so when on O2 broadband, outgoing mail server changes to smtp.o2.ie

All works fine now. Its a little awkard haing to change each time.

How does one know what the server settings are if your connected in the likes of a Cafe???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just came across this thread when I was googling for a way of setting up an eircom account for a friend using their webmail settings as an outgoing server. Figured this might be an easier way for my non techy friend to follow(he's just got an iPhone 3GS). Anyway looks like it's not possible. The good news is that my slightly convoluted way works with out the need to use a different server when out and about. Basically it involves using gmail as an outgoing server set up in such away as to have mail appearing to come from an eircom(or whatever) address. Incoming server settings should be as per your ISP eg Eircom. It's a wee bit complicated to set up but once it's up and running that's it. Details here http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=539

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adunne123

HI all.
    Had the same issue since BT sold to Voda fone.so just put out going mail to (mail.vodafone.ie) and hey Presto now mail sends I am using Microsoft Out look
    Regards Anthony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adunne123

OK Here is how it looks

99267.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ei1429

O'Nullain wrote: »
    Thamks

I have just been successfull in setting up the eircom account on my Nokia E51 as follows

Outgoing mail.eircom.net (security ssl off)
    Incoming mail2.eircom.net

Regards
    Brendan
    DSC_1204b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ei1429 wrote: »
    I have just been successfull in setting up the eircom account on my Nokia E51 as follows

Outgoing mail.eircom.net (security ssl off)
    Incoming mail2.eircom.net

Three years later, you give the same information that's in the 2nd post (from 3 years ago. There's no need for this kind of pointless post and thread bump.
    ei1429 wrote: »
    DSC_1204b.jpg

???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement