Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Cat's clockwork routine.

Options
  • 06-03-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I am amazed by my cat's clockwork daily schedule. I now can almost set my watch to it.

Up in the morning at 6am and wants to be left out.

Stay's out till 9am and want's to be back inside.

Grooming then until about 9:30am.

Food then and wants some treats aside from her burns cat food.

Once she has got what she wants its a nice morning nap until 1:30pm.

Then when she wakes and stretches its outdoor time again.

Back in at 5pm snooze till about 8pm

Wakes and wants to play and wreck stuff until 10pm.

More snoozing until midnight and its out again.

She is out until 1am and back in for her main snooze until 6am when the cycle is repeated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

My cats morning routines start at about 5 - you are lucky to get that extra hour!

I was reading somewhere that cats are like people with autism. They feel most comfortable with a routine, hate change, loud noises and direct eye contact, they're smart in their own way but aren't good at empathising. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

My two cats wake me up at 9am every morning. They jump up on to the bed and sit on me purring till I wake up. If for some reason one's outside, the other one will always be there to wake me up.

I haven't set my alarm clock in months! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Of course bad weather means it only out to do her business and back in again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Yes, my outdoor cat has a routine similar to the OP but sometimes he decides hes a bad cat and stays out most the night to fight with the local moggies. Then he returns feeling sorry for himself at about 6am meowing really loudly at the front door to wake us to let him in.
    The neighbours have actually accused us of locking him out for the night on purpose. It doesn't help when they see him the next day with a scratch on his face and a limp. Imagine if he wasn't spayed the kind of anctics he'd be up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I am also noticing an emerging cranky period - usually late evening. Probably weather related as she wants to be out but can't.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

My cats pretty much just sleep. All day. It's very boring.

Although the older one makes eye-contact all the time, and is extra loving when I'm down. We think maybe he's a genetic-freak dog. ;) (he's huge too)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

My lady has a regular routine and always taps at the window to come in especially if its wet out.:cool:

She come in every night around the same time and sleeps inside for the night. Its a routine I got her into cause I don't like her out for the night.

Advertisement