Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to track down electrician to complete a cert-

Options
  • 06-03-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hope someone can help me out of the bad place I'm in-

We were recommended an electrician by the main contractor on a job-
    Electrician's name is XXXXXXXXXXX
    and with the job 99% complete, he's disappeared, changed his phone number, and has not been in contact-

Does anyone happen to know him?
    I'd appreciate if somebody might mention to get in contact with Joe in Templeogue-

Failing that, does anyone know how difficult it might be to get a test and a cert from somebody else?
    I've been checking the work as it went along,
    and it has been completed to a good standard-

Hope somebody can help-

j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I've looked at both RECI and ECSSA, who are the regulatory bodies for electrical contractors and I don't see anyone listed of that name, so it's possible your guy is not a registered contractor. This may have something to do with his not finishing the job. Hopefully you haven't paid him for work he hasn't done, anyway.
    In any event you can get your job certified by either of the bodies above. It will cost you €300.
    Registered contractors are not allowed to certify anyone else's work.
    If the installation isn't complete you will need another contractor to finish the work, but he'll need permission from RECI or ECSSA to do that.
    Your first step is to contact one of the bodies and explain your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jb7

Thanks for the reply Hoagy-
    I think I'll be getting onto them soon-

Appreciate you taking the time-

j

Advertisement