Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 307 chugging

Options
  • 06-03-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

i have a 05 peugeot 307. this morning it is chugging while idling. my display says anti pollution fault, anyone any ideas of the problem i assume its something to do with catylytic converter
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

How full is the tank? Believe certain models had a problem if the tank was less
    than a quarter full the sensor falsely detected a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

thanks, but the tank is full

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭YeGods

john1963 wrote: »
    i have a 05 peugeot 307. this morning it is chugging while idling. my display says anti pollution fault, anyone any ideas of the problem i assume its something to do with catylytic converter
    thanks

Hi john1963 - did you get this problem sorted. i'm asking because my wife's car has the same fault displayed (Anti-Pollution Fault) - no problems with power though, drives fine ...for now but fault and engine management light are still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bibete

i had the same problem with the 307 about 2 years ago.

when the anti pollution come up on the dash board means that you need to change the particulate filter, spacialy the cars up to 75000 miles on the clock, the filter can cost up to 350 euros for a remanufactured one.
    a new can cost about 600 euro plus the labor and the diagnostic fees.

and make sure when you buy a new one ask the Peugeot dealer to give 60% of the cost back because they take your old to remanufactured it to sell it again.

when the fault comes up the car loose power the engine can't power more than 3000 tour per min.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Did you ring Barnardos and tell them to stop recruiting your car to pester people for bank details?

Sorry!! Couldn't resist:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bibete wrote: »

when the anti pollution come up on the dash board means that you need to change the particulate filter

Only if it's diesel - and at that it probably needs to regenerate. If so call a Peugeot dealer and they'll tell you how to do that.

If it's petrol then it could be a coil pack - not uncommon.

OP - is your Pug a petrol or diesel......?

Advertisement