Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dental implant

Options
  • 05-03-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I requirer a dental implant as I am missing one of my front teeth, I have been quoted 2,000 stg up north and am just woundering would it be as cheap to get it done in the south. I am residing in Galway and had just one quote of 3,500 euros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

picaso30 wrote: »
    Hi,

I requirer a dental implant as I am missing one of my front teeth, I have been quoted 2,000 stg up north and am just woundering would it be as cheap to get it done in the south. I am residing in Galway and had just one quote of 3,500 euros.
    Factor in tansport costs and those quotes aren't too far off. If it were me I'd stay local for a 500 quid difference. You'll need to make at least 2 trips and if you have any complications it'd be better to have your dentist nearby IMO. If it was twice the price then I'd obviously think differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Just had a consultation in Tralee.

For: Xrays + measurements, Implant into jaw + temporary plastic bridge is €2,500.

If the implant requires a graft it is €300 extra.

Then six to twelve weeks later the crown tooth is fitted to the implant.

The titanium crown is €1,200 and the zirkonium (spelling?) crown is €1,550.

So we're talking at least four grand. I know the dentist is of the highest quality btw.

Not sure what to do. :(

Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The implant could be for life...so I am sure you want it done by the best person you can get. In the short term it can seen expensive but long term if its done well you will save on remedial work. Good luck

Advertisement