Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city navigator europe 2008?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

is there a different version / format of city navigator europe 2008 for handheld units and a different version/dvd for nuvi/ car based ones?

ie does the one city navigator europe dvd do all garmin units?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They're all the same but you'll need a separate unlock code for each unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Alun wrote: »

apparently they are not the same. i have a gpsmap 60csx and on my version 9 city navigator theres no mention of NT.

apparenly theres a disc for nuvi etc and the car ones

and a seperate one for units like the 276c and 60csx..

heres the info

city navigator europe -NT is a more compressed version of the maps.
    for nuvi's etc etc

city navigator europe regular is for a broad range of gps units, and is not as compressed as the NT version.

both contain the same data except one is compressed the other not.

this info is from garmin USA,

so there are 2 update dvd's available

the NT version and

the non NT version. ( just started shipping in the last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Oh alright then, there is the older non-NT version but that's only for older GPS's that don't have the processing power needed to uncompress the NT maps. You could physically install either version on any GPS, the only difference would be one of performance. My Vista HCx can handle the NT maps with no problem at all so I would imagine your 60CSx would be able to as well. No guarantee, of course, you might want to see if there's anyone running NT maps on a 60CSx just to make sure.

Edit: just seen on the Garmin website that they recommend NT for the 60Csx. See the Compatibility table on the right hand side here http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavntEurope.jsp

Oh alright then, there is the older non-NT version but that's only for older GPS's that don't have the processing power needed to uncompress the NT maps. You could physically install either version on any GPS, the only difference would be one of performance. My Vista HCx can handle the NT maps with no problem at all so I would imagine your 60CSx would be able to as well. No guarantee, of course, you might want to see if there's anyone running NT maps on a 60CSx just to make sure.

Edit: just seen on the Garmin website that they recommend NT for the 60Csx. See the Compatibility table on the right hand side here http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavntEurope.jsp

i tried using the update disc from a nuvi 660 but no joy, doesent work wont recognise the new unlock codes, that i bought for 2008..

i had originally bought city select 7 for a 276c and went up to current version by the upgrade way, so i think im stuck using the non NT version of city navigator, unless i shell out for the full version of the NT,

• Advertisement
Advertisement