Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Im trying to organise a massive assault on stormwind and ive put the idea to my guild and there is some interest. How many guys would i need or is it even possible would those guards just keep spawning forever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

depends on how many plan on yoru realm. On moonglade ( my realm ) there is about 200/300 players there at peak time. But on other servers ive heard of thousands of players. Not too sure on the guards spawn times, but they will be the least of your worries. As there will more then likely be alot of players with their lvl 70's in the inn in SW or in GS. Best thing ive seen is to just run through SW killing what you can, and then taking the deeprun tram to IF for a laugh there.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Yeah alot of the guys got nostalgic when i mentioned it. Apparently this kinda thing was the norm a while ago but i guess BG's and areana take priority now:(.Im on Bladefist by the way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why raid Stormwind and have some fun when i can grind the same BG over and over again and get epixs!! Thats crazy talk :rolleyes:

Yeah i dont understand why they think like this now. Honestly why even roll on a pvp realm if thats all your gonna do. We are supposed to kill all alliance we can or vice versa. Some horde even help the alliance on my server in outland. I just cant stand this, even if im a lower level ill always attack (i may wait till there fighting something else first though) ;) .I dunno maybe all that ganking that was done on me has made me bitter. Oh well haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

RED IS DEAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Im trying to organise a massive assault on stormwind
    fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Not going to work you'd need ALOT of people, even if you had alot it wouldn't last long :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Our guild/pact managed a very successful assault on stormwind last august, took a bit of effort though.

Organisation started a month previous, recruiting those who were mature and wouldnt go blabbing off about it to the alliance. The attack itself involved 50+ people split into 2 groups and 1 alliance "Spy".
    The smaller group attacked one side of stormwind during which the larger group easily got in and wreaked havoc. The alliance spy gave false info through the defence channels. Bulvar (spelling?) was killed.
    The attack wasnt done @ 3am either, it was during peak time.
    Unfortunatly I missed it, as it took place during my 21st, but there was a lot of RP involved which made it a lot more fun.

server: Argent Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Raided stormwind and ironforge loads of times in the past. We are the biggest hord guild on our server. So we dont need to recruit any non guild members. The officers and GM don't tell the party were we are going just tell us we are raiding the ally. This is to prevent any tip offs.

Have taking down the gnome boss, and the one in that church ? Its funny the amount of gold they drop well at least we all get some :).

Have done raids on stormwind with as litte 13 to 15 members. We be all 70's and epics but hold off the ally for a long time. We might end up on the trams and just hang around for an hour. Sometimes we go into that room were you can portal from one place to another ?? not sure what its called. But you go up this long steep winding narrow ramp before you get to it.

Also one trick we do is get a warlock into the ally city and 2 others and we have this little house their that we call the safe house :). The warlock then goes and summons the rest of the raid group. This is good cause then we are in the city centre and the ally don't even know it.

I think your better off doing the raid with guild members. Will be more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I remember a horde raid that I helped ruin on terenas over a year ago (jimeatsmenu might remember it). It was around the time of the 2.0 patch release, and about 3 allied horde guilds raided stormwind keep. Unfortunately for them, our hunter officer's (Fundinn) wife was a hordie in one of those guilds and mentioned it to him, so Fundinn and blabbered about it on the realm forum on the same day. As a result, 100+ hordies stormed stormwind keep and it took 20 allies (and whatever guards were there) to wipe the horde raids.

It was a lousy move on Fundinn's part, but they regrouped and successfully raided Darnassus. As a result, Fundinn became one of those KoS players, and was subjected to a lot abusive whispers and /spits over the following week, from both horde ally alts and the more popular ally players. He ended up having to move server

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Work hard on Kiting a boss in with your group & make it easier .......... it can be done & has been done several times ......... Kazzak into Stormwind caused MAYHEM on one server, where the solution was just reboot the server.

Felreaver Warmachine into Shattrath ..... that was f--n crazy!!!!

Yes it's a long shot, but hell ........ it'd help keep guards busy & it'd make for another GREAT kited boss video :D

:::: ven0mous ::::

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

We are supposed to kill all alliance we can or vice versa.

Oh supposed to is it?

Must have missed that section of the EULA.

These raids can be sort of fun before they end up crashing the server. The only problem is that noone really cares. Ive often been in IF and some lolworldpvpistehbesthighlyskilledrogues have been 'raiding' IF and noone really bothers with them. You can kill the city bosses all you want and only the hardcore pvp ppl are going to care. Its not like anyone spends any time in IF or SW much anymore.

Heres a tip. If you REALLY want to piss off alliance players - Raid the auction houses and kill the auctioneers. That makes most of us rabid bezerkers in seconds.

edit: People still play on bladefist?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dustaz wrote: »
    These raids can be sort of fun before they end up crashing the server. The only problem is that noone really cares.
    Heres a tip. If you REALLY want to piss off alliance players - Raid the auction houses and kill the auctioneers. That makes most of us rabid bezerkers in seconds.

Aye its true, Even when a boss is taken down its like "Thralls dead eh? Oh look! Im only 100 honour points short of the trinket! Lets do a BG"

Killing the auctioneers isnt a big thing, may have been in the past? But they respawn in under 1 min now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haha i seen the kazzak in sw movie before, funny as fook.

People still play on bladefist?!?!?!
    yeah it was recommended by the computer. why where are most of you's at.
    Kazzak into Stormwind caused MAYHEM on one server
    is he not chained now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

hes in hellfire now rather than blasted lands

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yeah it was recommended by the computer. why where are most of you's at.

Nearly the entire original population of Bladefist migrated en masse to Outland about 2 years ago, effectively turning bladefist into a ghosttown. Thats why it was reccommended id guess.

Advertisement