Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing boots 80s?

Options
  • 05-03-2008 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My mates having an 80's party this week. ive been trying to sort an outfit and think im getting there ive got:
    - neon pink spandex top with black stars
    - black leggings
    - black sequin belt
    - neon pink earrings
    - pink sequin head band

im panning and getting some leg warmers too. with footwear I was going to wear my gola pink and white boxing boots - but are these 80s? I got em years ago cant remember when they were first in fashion
    oh and any tips on how to do up my boyf 80's style would be great cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Ha ha sounds brilliant!!

love to see the pics!!

yeah them boots are 80's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Thanks I love them I just had to have them! they are these ones except mine are bright pink with white laces
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gola-White-Boxing-Boots----Size-6_W0QQitemZ260216434807QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get your bf to go Miami Vice style. Sports jacket with rolled up sleeves, white pants, t-shirt under the jacket and little 'tache.

That should do the trick

miami-vice6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Boxing boots were actually late 90s but the rest of the outfit seems correct so that shouldn't matter too much. If you need inspiration look for pics of such 80s icons like Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Harry, Madonna etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

it was a good laugh I did my boyfriends makeup as kiss and he won best costume!
    the boxing boots and leggings did the job for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement