Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugg Boats: Do you dislike the boots or the wearers?

Options
  • 04-03-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

from reading various threads and posts regarding uggs on this forum i'm confused as to whether people actually don't like the boots or are there views changed by the people who started off wearing them/ the stereotyping off them like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The wearers, and correct me if im wrong but didnt they go out of fashion ages ago? It's like wearing a von dutch cap. Plus every girl I see wearing them, theres are always filthy. Nearly as bad as crocs IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Humpty_Dumpty

Sorry, but when I looked quickly at the thread title I thought you were having a go at German U Boats. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Lmao! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm not going to judge someone just because they wear ugg boots.

i dislike the boots, and then the wearer, obviously depending whether i know the person or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's obviously completely stupid to dislike someone for what they wear. It's the boots! They are simply hideous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

i just realised i spelt boots like boats lol i'm soo silly!
    i just think sometimes that people just dislike uggs because of the people that started wearing them in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

The boots mostly.
    But on the other hand I can't help but have an eensy bit of contempt for people who were them because they're either worn because they're fashionable, and therefore the wearers are eejts because A) one should never wear something ugly just because it's fashionable and B) they're so out of fashion anyway, or they're worn because they're comfortable and I find the idea of wearing something comfortable but ugly out in public where other people must suffer a visual discomfort for the sake of your comfort to be mildly appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ashy28

Im an Australian, which is where Ugg boots originated from. At home we call them slippers & wouldnt wear them outside the house. Coming to Dublin & seeing them worn everywhere & by so many people, I couldnt stop laughing. No wonder they end up looking like s##t too, cause they are not meant to be worn outside!

Then to hear that there is a specific Ugg brand that costs the earth to buy & that people still buy them, well thats just sad! I had a pair of sheepskin Ug SLIPPERS at home & they werent the Ugg brand & they were great. I guess thats what gets to me the most, the stupid Ugg brand. If people want to wear slippers outside thats fine with me. Give me something to laugh at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Personally it's both, the boots but also the wearer.

The boots because they look horrible, cheap and absolutely ridiculous peekin out from under jeans or with trackies tucked into them. If it's p*ssing rain outside there's nothing worse than seein some young one draggin her feet with boots that are soaked to the core and her trackies stuffed down into them still thinking she looks 'good'.

The people because they're all sheep, and think that it's sooooo trendy to wear them. Using the above 'young one' as an example. It makes absolutely no sense in the wide world to wear such a sponge of a boot on wet days, extremely wet days. Neither is it a good idea to wear them on a scorching day for your feet to get lovely and sweaty. You wouldn't have worn you're FMB's in the middle of a good day in the summer now would you. But since these Uggs have come along it's perfectly acceptable to?????

They disgust me. *rant over* ...apologies

What I find hilarious is the fact that those who dislike UGG's (for example, see above) are compelled to voice their hatred so sneeringly. There are lots of things that people wear that I find distasteful but I dont feel the need to spout venom about. Live and let live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think the boots are really horrible especially when teemed with a dirty denim skirt or track bottoms, a man's jumper and greasy hair tied in a pony. What is with so many teenage D4 type girls and looking scuzzy these days? Or is this just when they are getting their hair done and shopping on a saturday afternoon?

Manky things. I also hate flip flops and I really dread the hot weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Dislike the boots intensely, and more often than not, that extends to the wearer too.
    Normally because any youngwan I see wearing them is normally either a) horrendous barbie-alike, with strawbrittle bleach blonde/yellow hair with manky matted extensions, dirty fake tan half worn off, and makeup trowelled on like a clown-hooker or b) just plain scuzzy, with filthy grubby uggs worn avec grubby smelly tracksuit tucked in, and stuck in some stubborn timewarp located about 3 years ago when uggs were briefly fashionable.

Either of these two groups I tend not to have a natural affinity for, due to the outlook on life I extrapolate they must have. So to me ugg boot wearer = someone I probably wouldn't get along with if I spoke to them. Yes, that might be judgemental and shallow, but I do believe that it takes a certain type of person to think they're hot snot, even though they plainly are not, with their matted fake hair and orange tidemarks on their neck and hands, and I would prefer to not have to suffer those fools gladly. Thinking about it, I should be grateful for uggs acting as a signal to alert me to persons to steer clear of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

What I find hilarious is the fact that those who dislike UGG's (for example, see above) are compelled to voice their hatred so sneeringly. There are lots of things that people wear that I find distasteful but I dont feel the need to spout venom about. Live and let live

As this is a discussion forum and the OP asked a question I added my views on the matter. I have learned to ignore the ugg wearing types and as you say , live and let live but I was only voicing my opinion, as you were about my previous post.

aoife2k wrote:
    I have learned to ignore the ugg wearing types
    Why? Do they personally harrass you? Are you so infringed upon by those around you that you have to make a conscious effort to ignore people whose styles you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Both

the shoes are ugly and the people are clearly saps for wearing them just cos everyone else does

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congratulations on learning how to copy your comment from one thread and paste it in another :rolleyes:

A question was asked, answers are being given.

I hate the wearers more so as the boots are innocent really. They aren't being worn to serve their intended purpose i.e. slippers. Instead it's the idiots who think they are cool when they actually look ridiculous.

Sheep wearing sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The boots mostly.
    But on the other hand I can't help but have an eensy bit of contempt for people who were them because they're either worn because they're fashionable, and therefore the wearers are eejts because A) one should never wear something ugly just because it's fashionable and B) they're so out of fashion anyway, or they're worn because they're comfortable and I find the idea of wearing something comfortable but ugly out in public where other people must suffer a visual discomfort for the sake of your comfort to be mildly appalling.

My sentimonies exactly. I think the boots are hideous, but you have to wonder at the mentality of someone who wears misshapen, poorly made footwear at inappropriate times, and then believe they look good. I don't care how comfortable or warm they are. I could buy eskimo boots this time of year if that was the only criteria for buying shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I dont dislike the boots but i certainly do like the chicks who wear them. 90% hotties! :):D

electric69 wrote: »
    I dont dislike the boots but i certainly do like the chicks who wear them. 90% hotties! :):D

You fancy these :confused:

Judy---Oompa-Loompa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You fancy these :confused:

Judy---Oompa-Loompa.jpg

OOOh baby!lol

The only thing is over here they are all naturally tanned!:D:D

Guess it sucks to be in Ireland! :p

• Advertisement

electric69 wrote: »
    OOOh baby!lol

The only thing is over here they are all naturally tanned!:D:D

Guess it sucks to be in Ireland! :p

For those that are in Ireland I'm sure it does.

Me? Well I also have the pleasure of naturally tanned and beautiful women. Difference is though, my Aussie women realise that uggs are slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Xavi6 wrote: »
    For those that are in Ireland I'm sure it does.

Me? Well I also have the pleasure of naturally tanned and beautiful women. Difference is though, my Aussie women realise that uggs are slippers.
    you should play a game of hide and go **** yourself

pwd wrote: »
    you should play a game of hide and go **** yourself

Why? Did I offend you in some way?

Post reported by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,947 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement