Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion Magazines

Options
  • 04-03-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Okay, we all buy magazines, or steal a look in the more expensive ones in Easons, but which ones do you reckon have the best fashion sections?

Personally, I buy Glamour for it's street style. Of all the magazines Ive seen I find it to have the best selection of high street and online buys, plus the catwalk stuff. Second to that I'd buy Company.

I steal a read of ID in Easons and actually enjoy the Sunday Times Style section..alright everything is expensive but it gives a good look on trends...

I dont like U anymore, I did, but not as much.Cosmo is a waiting room mag and too pricey for my budget!!

So what do you like, dislike, and what ones to do read in the newsies?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I like Grazia and Look for fashion, like the format and there have the right amount of articles/celeb gossip/fashion ratio...
    I try to flick through Image and U mag as they are from the irish contingent and usually feature items that are easy to access in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Mens magazines are awful for fashion. I used to read FHM which is obviously targeted at men in their late teens / early 20s and you suddenly go from articles about the "best beer in the world" to a fashion spread of a guy wearing Armani suits and stuff for about 2 grand each?! Zoo and Nuts have 2 pages of fashion but generally its pretty chav stuff.

For mens magazines anyway its either chav clothes (Zoo, Nuts) or ultra-expensive sections (FHM for some reason, GQ). I can't really think of any publication aimed at men my age with affordable, nice looking clothes so I generally just decide my "wants" from online shops

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I like company, i thik its a very good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

i really love reading Look,Grazia and More:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Mens magazines are awful for fashion. I used to read FHM which is obviously targeted at men in their late teens / early 20s and you suddenly go from articles about the "best beer in the world" to a fashion spread of a guy wearing Armani suits and stuff for about 2 grand each?! Zoo and Nuts have 2 pages of fashion but generally its pretty chav stuff.

For mens magazines anyway its either chav clothes (Zoo, Nuts) or ultra-expensive sections (FHM for some reason, GQ). I can't really think of any publication aimed at men my age with affordable, nice looking clothes so I generally just decide my "wants" from online shops
    Fully agree with that. There is a big gap in that market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I like Closer as it has a nice mix of everything.
    I tend not to look at the fashion pages too much as everything is very trendy and I amn't all that into trends. It's always really bright clothes and loud prints.

I do like looking at the make up pages in all the magazines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

+1 on the make up comment, I'd always look at those pages. The style pages are pretty useless to me as I'm not a trend person, only the odd accessory would catch my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Just on that...... does anyone here subscribe to Men's Vogue? I'v read a couple of issues that were brought back from the states and they seemed good. Fashion, good articles and interviews etc etc.

I've checked the website and it seems that they will deliver to Ireland. What you guys think?? Check out the page.... this is where you get directed to from the main page. https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/N3/MVG/intl.jsp?cds_page_id=26742&cds_mag_code=MVG&id=1208699881130&lsid=81110858011041310&vid=1&cds_response_key=I1DN81AC&cds_mag_code=MVG

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I love the fashion in life magazine that comes waith the sunday independant and triona mccartys beauty colum.....and i like fabulous that comes with the news of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

My fav of all magazines these days is Elle. Clothes are fab, articles are really good and I think it's just a really good read :) I also buy In Style, Vogue and Look. Look is pretty good to get some fashion tips and it's pretty cheap, but I still prefer Elle, In Style & Vogue.

I used to read Cosmo but it's just full of trash so I haven't bought it in months and months. Also used to like Company but that's kinda gone down the drain as well ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I bought Look earlier and i must say in terms of fashion i like it. even have a little primark section for me the poor student Yeay! still loving glamour tho that has to be my favourite.the sunday indo supplement isnt too bad either and trionas tips are handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

i really like Look, the fashion section is really good

Advertisement