Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Is Every Post On Here - "Fetch me this"?

Options
  • 04-03-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭

Instead of actual "discussion" about fashion? Seems to just be a place for people who never come here to drop in and ask us to fetch something for them. Where can I get this? Whats the best of this?

This post will probably get locked but the last time I had an actual post about discussion it was locked because people got too riled up (men straightening their hair)? Also the D4 look thread was deleted because a moderator decided it wasn't going anywhere. So is this just a board for fetching items for strangers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

If you want to start a thread on discussing fashion then go ahead no one's stopping you.

Somebody asks where they can find such an item then people reply and say I saw it in such a place and then people give more suggestions and sometimes off topic suggestions that are helpful to the OP

Why such an issue about it??
    If somebody who is interested in fashion wants to start a discussion on fashion then they may do so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I for one enjoy eo980's leather seeking threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

As I said in the thread title, the last two "discussions" i've seen, that went over 3 pages, were both locked. Any other discussion was thrown pages and pages back because the entire first page is full of people looking for us all to fetch things for them. Should be a seperate section for people looking for items

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

take it up with the mods or put a suggestion in feedback, if it really bothers you that much. don't really see anyone else complaining. It's kinda the same old story, if a thread or post doesn't appeal to you just ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yeah actually I agree there should be a separate section for people looking for stuff..could this be done mods? it gets clogged up with threads of only a handful of comments because the prob is solved in minutes..

Just dont mention UGGs...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

but if it was all them thread were moved to a sub-forum there would be nothing here at all.

tbh the threads that get locked don't get locked because of the discussion they get locked because people can't control themselves and think that just becuase they dislike something they feel the need to belittle and abuse anyone that likes what they dislike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I for one enjoy eo980's leather seeking threads...

Oh I don't ask that often, once in a blue moon perhaps, but thanks anyway! Heh Heh. :eek:

"but if it was all them thread were moved to a sub-forum there would be nothing here at all"

Of course there would be. You see a lot of the same names frequenting these boards and I'm sure they log on to see if there's anything interesting to discuss, or if their discussion topic is being answered, rather somebody who NEEDS a tie in limerick clogging up the front page

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's everybodies forum to use within reason of the rules. If the majority of people wanted to discuss your version of fashion then they would. I have both given and sought advice in this forum and have found it helpful. Open a discussion about fashion and your fashion interests, maybe you're into certain designers or fashion shows, go and discuss them, no one is stopping you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Cathooo wrote: »
    It's everybodies forum to use within reason of the rules. If the majority of people wanted to discuss your version of fashion then they would. I have both given and sought advice in this forum and have found it helpful. Open a discussion about fashion and your fashion interests, maybe you're into certain designers or fashion shows, go and discuss them, no one is stopping you.

+1

OP, can you not just ignore the other threads?!

• Advertisement

My argument is that these "fetch me this" threads have nearly taken over the entire board at this stage, kinda hard to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

But of course. Shopping is more interesting than talking about fashion.
    Leave it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Shopping and finding what you want is all part of fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yup, you make a good point, OP. There's not enough proper discussion on fashion here. I think it would be a good idea to seperate the two. The problem with the two threads you mentioned, though, was that they had descended into mayhem. I hope we could have more sophisticated discussions about fashion here, though - going on about Dublin teen trends is very parochial.

You could suggest it here, if you want: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

The only thing is - would there be enough fashion discussion or would it be tumbleweed rolling down the catwalk? ;)

Advertisement