Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

todays IBOOD: Bluetooth headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Looks like it works with a 3.5mm headphone jack lump thing that you need to carry with you. Can't it just connect by bluetooth to your phone like a normal heaset, i.e. http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=162030?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ideal for MP3 players and audio (though not for phones).

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

How likely is it that the headset would have the ability to pair with devices other than the 3.5mm jack?

Would seem like it would also be useful for PC's etc that do not have built-in bluetooth. (This actually seems like the most practical application cos otherwise it's just wireless headphones).

Edit -> "User friendly button for recording / pairing and volume control "
    "Connect it to your PC, MP3 player, mobile phone "

it seems that it does have the ability to pair with other items, which would make it pretty useful as can be used like any other bluetooth headset but can also bluetooth enable anything with a 3.5mm jack. Question mark for me now is that it only has one 3.5mm jack which if you're using a device with separate jacks for headphones/mic such as the above mentioned PC without bluetooth is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

It is a set of headphones that uses Bluetooth to connect to compatable devices (compatable with Bluetooth that is). As such it can connect to phones that have Bluetooth.

It also comes with a Bluetooth transmitter that can plug into a 3.5mm socket, so you can use this to connect the headset to devices that do not have Bluetooth, mp3 players etc.

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Chanced it anyway. Be handy for using the ipod without the headphone cable getting everywhere and using the laptop in bed (divx) when Mrs. Sweetie is asleep. Also want to set up skype so that's another use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

I bought it on impluse. the postage is a way to high for an item like this. Anyways why I bought it was

1. Have a phone with A2DP
    2. Waiting on the PS3 to support the A2DP profile+ will work as a normal headset for now.
    3. 3.5mm Jack is a big plus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bought one of these and just got a chance to open it up and charge it..
    Anyone know what the pair code might be for the headset?

I've tried pairing it to my phone, and tried the usual: 1234, 1111, 9999
    But no joy.. Googling hasn't produced an answer yet either..

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Bought one of these and just got a chance to open it up and charge it..
    Anyone know what the pair code might be for the headset?

I've tried pairing it to my phone, and tried the usual: 1234, 1111, 9999
    But no joy.. Googling hasn't produced an answer yet either..

Isn't 0000 the most common one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Stealdo wrote: »
    Isn't 0000 the most common one?

Haha! You're right.. Got it just before you replied..
    Was going to post back and say it's 0000.

Good reception on the headset and the transmitter..

Advertisement