Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Disaster!!!!!

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there I'm looking for some advice and hope that maybe someone can help me.... I have naturally medium brown hair and it was always extremely healthy looking hair. Last year I had highlights and eventually it became really blonde. I wanted to stop getting highlights as they are so bad for your hair so i asked my hairdresser to put in blonde colour instead. She said she would but she put in some highlights on top of the colour. The next week I went to Los Angeles and my hair broke on the top of my head really bad. When i went home I went back to my hairdresser and she put a dark brown into my hair so i wouldn't have any more highlights, but the colour turned out purple. It has faded alot now though and my roots are lighter and dark hair doesn't suit me but the only way to lighten it up is more highlights, (isn't it?). The short bits are now down to the tops of my hair. As hair is dead the ends aren't in great condition. I was wondering would hair extensions be suitable for me. I could get a good bit cut off the ends of my hair but i love long hair so thats why i am thinking about extensions... I'm so lost i miss my lovely hair and wish i never tampered with it...i don't know where is a good place to go for hair extensions and i dont want to further damage my hair...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Oh i really feel for you, about two years ago my hair was long and brown and in really good condition, i wanted to get it lightened, and the hairdresser put in highlights, next thing you know all smoke is coming off my hair and my scalp is on fire, the hairdresser said she put in too much bleach.
    My hair was ruined, totally singed and burnt. I got hair extensions braided on but this made my hair worse
    The only thing i could do was cut it off, so i cut off the dead bits and didnt colour my hair for 9 months, but i was pregnant so i got away with it.
    I used clip in extensions if i was going anywhere.
    Now my hair is in good condition again but it took 2 years, I am taking those skin hair and nail vitimans i find them good. I stopped getting blonde in my hair it just made it worse and have it brown at the moment.
    My hair i still short,but i have gotten used to it, but the clip in extensions are great.
    The only thing you can do is cut it and start again Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Get nice sparkly hair clips and get good at updos meanwhile.

Advertisement