Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Fairs

Options
  • 04-03-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Did I say something wrong first time mods?Apart from Ballinasloe,can anyone tell me exactly when and where these are being held this year?OR how to find out for myself?Tried googling but Ballinasloe was all that came up.Doesn't matter where in the country or how small they are,please let me know if you know of one coming up.Thanks in anticipation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Get this years version of 'Old Moores alminac'. All horse fairs and dates will be listed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

There is a booklet i saw once that has all the details of all Horse Fairs, country shows etc on it it was about 5 e for the booklet if i see it again il get the name of it for you either you can look in somewhere like easons

If you are interested in that sort of selling that goes on at horse fairs there are horse sales on at cattle marts in Carlow Mountrath and Portlaoise & Baltinglass these are farily rough and you would not know what you buy but then aagain i have met people who have been lucky with their purchases.
    They have cleaned up their acts a bit now and the conditions are a little better than what they were and all horses need passports now when registered for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Finbarrk got there before me thats the one !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

That's what i needed to know. I'm not looking to buy a horse there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

Smithfield,goresbrides(horse and pony sales).Think there a horse fair in westport and cliften.hope this help's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 suzie newman

Yea you also have mohill, lansbourgh, spancill hill, mamns cross, smithfield, arva, there some of the horse fairs. Your sales you have goresbridge, cavan, carrigallen, granard, baltinglass, Mountrath, Drumshambo, Clifdan and many more. Most of the sales ar monthly.

Spancill Hill is the next big one, 23rd June. It's near Ennis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Cash

The next one's in Cork at Buttevant, called Cahirmee, then there's another out the Portumna side of Galway called Banagher I think

Cahirmee is on on the 12th of July. Get there early because you'll be parking miles away if you arrive in the later part of the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 celticd

HEY SUZIE, JUST WONDERIN WHEN DRUMSHAMBO HORSE SALES ARE ON, IS IT THIS SATURDAY.
    ALSO I NEED HELP LOCATING A GUY WHO WAS AT BUTTEVANT HORSE FAIR LAST WEEK IF YOU CAN HELP OUT POST ME A REPLY.
    CHEERS

CELTICD

• Advertisement

Celticd, please don't post using capitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suzie newman

hi em.. Drumshanbo Horse Sale is on 30/08/08 It is held every last saterday of each month! And I don't no dat person u ar on about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coookie

lurchon along ..... i dnt no if its any use to u but there is always a horse fair on every first sunday of every month at smithfield.they do have some stunning horses but you have to be careful nt too get too happy about them cause they do be cheap but some do be sick and sold on without notice .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Please don't drag up old threads. If you want to discuss the topic then please feel free to start a new thread.

I'm closing this thread as the OP has been banned from the site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement