Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming 2 years emergency tax.

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody could help me here. I've been working in the same job in the same place for the 2 summers (college student have not worked during the year) and I've never registered o rclaimed back my emergency tax for either year. I'm now looking to claim back my tax but I've lost my P45 from 2006. I have this years P45 (2007). I've filled in the form that I need to fill in for my 2007 tax back but am going into the tax office on Wednesday.I was wondering if I will get both years tax back based on the records or do I need to somehow apply or retreive my 2006 P45. I don't intend working for a long while so a P46 is kind of out of the question. Hope you can help.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

A P45 is a note from one employer to the next stating how much tax has been paid during the year. You should have a P60 which should have issued to you for both years.

Regardless the tax office will have details of your thresholds and PAYE paid. You can just ring the PAYE helpline and ask them to issue a P21 Balancing statement for both years. 1890 333 425

If you have not worked elsewhere your credits will most likely cover any PAYE deducted and you will be entitled to a refund.

ALso it is off note you may be entitled to a refund f PRSI that was paid for these years also.

Advertisement