Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for something different.

Options
  • 03-03-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

After recently loosing interest in World of Warcraft, I'm on the look out for a new addiction :p But I'm sick of the same old type of mmorpgs and am on the look out for something different. Graphics aren't that important to me but would rather not go too far backwards from WOW. After giving EVE a bit of a try and although I didn't go too far with it, I don't think its the right game for me. Have been looking at pirates of the burning sea and will probably give that a try but would rather see if there is any other games I should be looking at before buying it.
    So basically is there any games that are different than the usual wow style that are worth trying?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I was actually gonna suggest you give pirates a go since it seems to be the latest and greatest upcoming MMO. I can't wait until i get my hands on the game.

dark Age of Camelot is suppose to be very good too. Its one of the few MMO's I've never played it but plenty of the boards crew have im sure they could give you a good heads up on the game. I've herd its supposed to be very good.

There's a new star gate MMO called Stargate Worlds on the horizon its currently deep into dev and they havent even started the beta testing yet its a long way off but from what i've read online about it. The game could be quite good.

I went through the WoW thing too for a while. I took a 2 month break from the game but im back now playing away and im really enjoying it again. WoW really is the type of game that you couldnt play constently. try another MMO (pirates would definatly be my suggestion) and then take a break from WoW. If your really stuck try going back to WoW in a few months time you'd be surprised how fast you get back into it.

I got Pirates this weekend, what ever you do dont buy it from direct2drive as i bought it from them and they didnt supply me with the activation key. I am waiting 4 days for the ticket i logged.

Anyway, the game is great. Its so much different then other games. I have been playing Star Wars Galaxies also, but POBS is a great little game. Especially if you are interested in the age o f sale.(which i am)

I am currently an Officer in the British fleet. I am only level 5. Every 5 levels you go up gives you a chance to move up in the Navy. Next is Midshipman and so on. The graphics are great for he battle scene's. The other thing is, you have to sale were your getting chased by pirates. You can join other battles Nation against Nation. I still dont know too much about it, i am looking for other Irish Players .

So if anybody is playing on Blackbeard, let me know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

pirates looks ok but before i buy it i would like a trial, Normaly a new MMO would give you 10/14 days free trail anything for pirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Blazher wrote: »
    pirates looks ok but before i buy it i would like a trial, Normaly a new MMO would give you 10/14 days free trail anything for pirates?

Im afraid not that i can see. I've had a google around the web and on the PoTBS website you can only buy the game there isnt a free trial with this one from what i can see.

mabye it hasnt been designed yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm fairly sure that it does have a month free with the boxed game. If it didnt, it would be the first game in a long time that didnt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement