Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fake Trade- China

Options
  • 03-03-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

Good documentary on Channel 4 tonight about the fake trade in China, Shenzan city is the main place.

Some child labourers making counterfeit goods for the West.

800 million a year alone is the money counterfeit products make in UK.

Meanwhile the counterfeit culture is hitting the high street in UK and here in Ireland.

Glad to see the Garda had a successful operation today in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Chinatown NY was busted last week as well. Seems to be catching... No harm either.

Oxford Street, London was a haven for counterfeit perfume/clothes until the cctv went in on the street & Westminster Council sat in the cctv room & filmed the traders, then sent operatives down to issue summonses. It cleaned up the area for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I'm heading to Chinatown NY soon enough, my girlfriend thinks that we'll be doing our shopping 'underground' so that she can save some money...

Like **** we are. No way am I heading down alleys to check out Dior handbags :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

which is pretty much anything made in that part of the world, the fake trade is a fantastic thing. Clothing company's and brands in the western world pay some kid 10 cents to make a shirt and then sell it for 200 cause it has a certain logo on it. Ripping them off and showing what a sham the whole thing is , is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Relevance of thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

civdef wrote: »
    Relevance of thread?

Agreed. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement