Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland House Insurance 50% off

Options
  • 03-03-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

bank of ireland are offering 50% off home insurance:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

My Renewal came in from Hibernian €439. I switched to BOI for €195 last Friday exact same cover. The 50% off is only for a year so I will move again next year if they are not cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Do any of you lads know if your mortgage companies charge an admin fee when you change insurance provider.Changed over to 123 last year and made about €40 saving but IIB have a €30 admin fee every time you change insurance company:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballybrone

Received my renewal during the week from 123.ie for €345 and with a bit of haggling got them down to €300 and was gonna renew with them.I rang bank of Ireland insurance this morning and they quoted me €225 so I have contacted 123.ie again and they are to get back to let and me know if they can offer a similar price but it's unlikely they will match Bank of Ireland price.Will be moving to BOI if they dont .

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Just another pointer. When I phoned BOI for a quote I asked for a written quotation this quote was valid for 6 months. So anyone who has home insurance expiring before the end of September could avail of this offer providing they get their quote before 31.3.08.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's a very good deal TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Includes accidental damage as standard too.

This is a pretty good deal. The policy seems at least as good as most other providers offer. However, don't be lazy and just take the BOI deal. Make sure you shop around (admittedly its unlikely you'll beat BOI -50%, but its possible). My girlfriend got a renewal quote from hibernian last November. Ended up getting it for less than half the price elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballybrone

123.ie can back to me and said they could not get near the quote offered to me by Bank of Ireland .So I will definately switch .But most likely only for one year as I think without the 50% off they would not be competative

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Just got a quote there. €209.

Quinn were the cheapest at €379 before so I will be switching for definite. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

It's a good deal, people don't usually think about the banks for home insurance but I've been with AIB Home Insurance and have been pretty happy, I had a claim for a water tank leak and their claims service was great. That said might just check with B of I ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I was with BOI until last year when they quoted me €550 so I left and went to Axa but couldn't refuse the saving just quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I got a newsletter from quoteme.ie for half price mortgage protection, must sign up online before 17th March. But you pay the full amount and then get half back in December.

Advertisement