Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black tie event

Options
  • 03-03-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I've just been invited to a black tie event. What do I wear????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Men wear Black suit and dickey bow
    Girls wear black cocktail dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

locombia wrote: »
    What do I wear????

Er... a black tie!

(And nothing else...)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 locombia

Sorry. Should elaborate....I'm of the female species and was wondering if anyone has seen any suitable dresses in the shops??

ps I live in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

I think for black tie you could get away with either a cocktail or full length dress so I guess it depends on your budget.

Lara has some nice stuff www.laras.ie

Or there's Tulle in the George's Street arcade or there's always Chica in the Westbury Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I got a beautiful black dress in Zara on friday

it's a kind of formal dress but with the right jewellery you can make it a different dress. I wore it to a 21st on friday with some black heels, it's just below knee length and i love it - plus it was on €29.90!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

If you are shopping on a budget Tk max do a surprizingly good amount of dresses for about €50. And also Julien in Stephens green shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'm going to a black tie on Saturday, I got a full length black dress in Debenhams, I don't normally wear dresses but I assume as its a black tie that a long dress isn't too formal? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

Galadriel - your long black dress is perfect for black tie - Im sure you look great in it!

Advertisement