Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin

Options
  • 03-03-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭

I am led to believe that the garmin is about the better one o have in this country.
    I am in the process of buying something.
    Satnav
    Navman
    Garmin
    etc.
    Not sure what to buy as I know nothing about them.

What would you suggest.

Usage?

Ireland and maybe the occasional trip to the North.

I dont want to spend hundreds as it will be only used occasionaly.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

The Garmin Nuvi 250 is a good bet, I'm a newbie to Sat Navs too and bought this one, pretty good value, easy to use, and the maps included cover all of europe to street level

http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1445677#spec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

The Nuvi 250 is a very good unit, I have had one myself - full maps of all of Europe. Ever though you may not need the rest of Europe it can bee handy to have - and at this price you can't go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

vectra wrote: »
    I am led to believe that the garmin is about the better one o have in this country.
    I am in the process of buying something.
    Satnav
    Navman
    Garmin
    etc.
    Not sure what to buy as I know nothing about them.

What would you suggest.

Usage?

Ireland and maybe the occasional trip to the North.

I dont want to spend hundreds as it will be only used occasionaly.

Cheers

beyond a shadow of a doubt, garmin are the best.. i once sent away a garmin gpsmap 76S for repair as the buttons came off the front of the gps,
    (from sliding round the yacht cockpit) totally my fault. sent it away, 2 weeks later got a brand new one in the post as replacement. mind you the gps was 2 years old at that stage!!

their service in my experience is great!

Advertisement