Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indigo Children

Options
  • 02-03-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

You think you're an indigo child?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZwyiy90X2I

Characteristics

INDIGO CHILDREN

Have strong self esteem, connection to source

Know they belong here until they are told otherwise

Have an obvious sense of self

Have difficulty with discipline and authority

Refuse to follow orders or directions

Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience

Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity

Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school

Are mostly nonconformists

Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons

Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks

Are rather creative

Are easily distractible, can do many things at once

Display strong intuition

Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy

Develop abstract thinking very young

Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent

Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to

Are talented daydreamers and visionaries

Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills

Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage

Need our support to discover themselves

Are here to change the world - to help us live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Zingera

Hi here, I think my eight year old daughter could be one. She sees and feels things I can only imagine, how do I help her? Is there anyone who could give me advice? She gets scared and cannot talk about this with her peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think looking for spiritual guidance for you child is a good thing but only when you have ruled out that what ever is happening to is not cuased by mundane matters.

Personally I do not have time for any of that indigo children stuff and find the practice which they have of teaching and giving rekiki initiations to children who are not developed yet to be ill thought out and dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, my lil sis is an indigo. As far as I know there is a woman holding a talk on it pretty soon. I'll get details for you if you like?

As a matter of interest, why do you feel it's not well thought out to give them a reiki initiation? I am not very experienced but was thinking of giving one to my sis (shes 9) with the full blessing of my mother, who is level 1. Do you think this would be a bad idea? I dont want to do anything which is not right for her. Obv level 2 would not be appropiate, but level 1 is all about the self. I would not do it in such a way that she gives treatments etc, but I thought it would be valuable for her to learn to control whatever she is feeling, and to give her a feeling of protection? Please advise. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

This sort of labelling is unnecessary. It attaches useless linguistic baggage. They are just humans. If they excel at something then encourage it.
    Let them define themselves.

Young children will use this information like they'd use a crayon. Whether this is good or bad is up to you.
    Zingera wrote:
    Hi here, I think my eight year old daughter could be one. She sees and feels things I can only imagine, how do I help her? Is there anyone who could give me advice? She gets scared and cannot talk about this with her peers.

There are other ways of expressing these things. Art, writing, music, martial arts, science etc...
    It's one thing being connected and another to be controlled by it.

Good luck.
    AD.

18AD wrote: »
    This sort of labelling is unnecessary. It attaches useless linguistic baggage. They are just humans. If they excel at something then encourage it.
    Let them define themselves.
    Well its not really unnecessary in all fairness, it is very hard on the parents. To know that there are other people who can give you advice, because they have experienced it, is a great help.
    Young children will use this information like they'd use a crayon. Whether this is good or bad is up to you..
    What do you mean? I don't understand.
    It's one thing being connected and another to be controlled by it..
    Again I dont understand. They are connected to it regardless, as young childern how do you teach them not to be controlled by it? This was the reason I was considering introducing her to reiki, to give her some control. Do you have any experience with indigos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Well its not really unnecessary in all fairness, it is very hard on the parents. To know that there are other people who can give you advice, because they have experienced it, is a great help.

I'm all for sharing experiences but they should be taken with a pinch of salt. Everyone is different and putting them in the same category, imo, can blind people to this.
    What do you mean? I don't understand.

Well it depends on how powerful a tool you think reiki is. People naturally learn from their own mistakes but there's a big difference between a child making a mistake with a knife and a gun.
    Again I dont understand. They are connected to it regardless, as young childern how do you teach them not to be controlled by it? This was the reason I was considering introducing her to reiki, to give her some control.

It is part of everyone. Embrace it. Guide the energies instead of controlling them.
    Although I'm unfamiliar with reiki, I assume this is what it entails.
    Would they be happy to learn reiki? Do you think they are ready?
    Do you have any experience with indigos?

I may have, but not to my knowledge. Maybe because I'm unfamiliar with this classification.

There are practically infinite variables with each individual so I say this only as advice to be disregarded if need be. I don't know what's best for any one person. Honestly, I think only the person in question knows what's best for themselves. Show them as many possibilities as you can and allow them to decide.

Love and Light.
    AD.

Yes I completly agree, I don't like putting people into boxes. The term "indigo" refers to their most prominant aura colour. Personality wise and ability wise they differ hugely.

I still don't understand what you mean about a gun? If you are worried that a reiki initiation might "open" them up more, I know where you are coming from. But reiki 1 is about getting to know yourself better, becoming more aware of your link to the source (much like praying??) and protection. I agree that anything beyond that would be inappropiate. I also don't think a child should be initiated unless they express an interest in it. (As she has done, she's 9 and is aware of reiki, has been asking about angels etc)

Advertisement