Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levi`s

Options
  • 02-03-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

i was in town yesterday (Dublin) and could not find anywhere that sells Levis anymore, the denim bar has gone from Talbot street beside guinneys ? seems to be all Jack Jones or Diesel.

whats the story???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Have a look in Arnotts. They sell them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Levi's have really died a death recently. Jack & Jones bought out all of the Levi's stores in Dublin (& now Swanovski have returned the favor), they even bought out the brilliant O'Connors Jeans that once stocked Levi's too (along with Diesel, G-Star, Carhartt, etc).

As mentioned above, Arnott's do them and as far as I know Urban Outfitters and BT2 stock their more expensive styles (ie: jeans that cost over €100).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Raekwon wrote: »
    and BT2 stock their more expensive styles (ie: jeans that cost over €100).

Are you sure they still sell them there? Last time I was in I don't recall seeing any although I wasn't keeping an eye out for them in fairness.

grimloch wrote: »
    Are you sure they still sell them there? Last time I was in I don't recall seeing any although I wasn't keeping an eye out for them in fairness.

I was there about 2 weeks ago and they had Levi's jeans and a few t-shirts. They could be gone but they definatly were there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Levi's have really died a death recently. Jack & Jones bought out all of the Levi's stores in Dublin (& now Swanovski have returned the favor), they even bought out the brilliant O'Connors Jeans that once stocked Levi's too (along with Diesel, G-Star, Carhartt, etc).

As mentioned above, Arnott's do them and as far as I know Urban Outfitters and BT2 stock their more expensive styles (ie: jeans that cost over €100).

O'Connors Jeans Ltd own the franchise for Jack & Jones so it was really just a case of them rebranding.

• Advertisement

Gyalist wrote: »
    O'Connors Jeans Ltd own the franchise for Jack & Jones so it was really just a case of them rebranding.

It was a bad move IMO. There were enough Jack & Jones store before they added more of them and basically saturated the market. O'Connor's was on of my favorite shops, I cannot stand Jack & Jones!

Btw does anybody know why there is a 'For Lease' sign above the Jack & Jones store on Grafton Street? Are they pulling out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

years back i used to work in a shop that sold levis and i loved the 544 ladies flare jeans. cant get them anywhere now.

they are sadly missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

It was a bad move IMO. There were enough Jack & Jones store before they added more of them and basically saturated the market. O'Connor's was on of my favorite shops, I cannot stand Jack & Jones!

Btw does anybody know why there is a 'For Lease' sign above the Jack & Jones store on Grafton Street? Are they pulling out?

Jack &Jones is indeed sh1te of the highest order.

Debenhams on Henry street(used to be Roches stores I think) do a good range of Levi's.

Picked myself up a lovely pair of 506's there last week. I like it now that levi's are a bit more exclusive;) still make the best jeans imo(although Diesel would run them close).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Babybing wrote: »
    Jack &Jones is indeed sh1te of the highest order.

Totally agree and it's not really that cheap either considering the vast majority of their clothes are rags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement