Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfer boy hairsyle

Options
  • 02-03-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

How do people achieve that surfer/skater boy shaggy hairstyle? I really want to give it a go but to be honest I don't have a clue how (I rarely deviate from the 3 back and sides!).

I have the right hair for it, dark brown wavey, easily manipulated etc. I tried growing it long a few times but it just became unmanageable and I didnt know what to do or ask for so I went short again.

Can anyone offer advice please on how to achieve this look? Here's an example of the type of hair I'm talking about.

http://www.hair-news.com/mens-hairstyles-image-is005.jpg

(I am embarassed asking this, because it seems so simple)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

Take the grease from a well used frying pan and rub grease between fingertips then work grease into hair until desired look is achieved.

Easy.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

That looks a bit more Indie than surfer? I dunno..

Have your hair growing for about 3 months, then go to a hairdressers and bring that pic. Once its used into those kinda dimensions, the style shouldnt be too hard. Just use a hair dryer and rub some dry wax into ur head and manipulate it into that style. How do you mean by unmanageable? You can always get a hairdresser to thin it out so it grows out without any hassle, or buy a straightener when its to a certain length, or use a protect spray on the wet hair before u dry it to leave it less messy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Something like Fish Styling Clay might be better than wax as it gives more of a matt finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

thats indie, way different to surfer, you want surfer

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

This is surfer boy? No?

thumb.php?n=men8_hairstylefogall.jpg&w=400&ct=yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he looks like he'd cry if a bit of water hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

annieee wrote: »
    This is surfer boy? No?

thumb.php?n=men8_hairstylefogall.jpg&w=400&ct=yes

Theres only one thing that bloke would be interested in riding and its not a surfboard......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

Sometimes you just gotta know when to let go. I also have wavy hair, and it just doesn't fall the right way. I went to a salon and chemically straightened my hair to get that look. It worked, but my hair was FRIED. I had to use Damage Remedy Conditioner which was £18 for 200ml. Then it looked good...until it started growing out and my roots were wavy again and the rest was straight. Then I had to buzz all my hair off. The buzz actually looked good on me though, and I've done it every summer since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

Cremo wrote: »
    he looks like he'd cry if a bit of water hit him.

hahahahahaha brilliant that made me laugh for about 5 mins

Advertisement