Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opus 500/Nuvo Grand Concerto

Options
  • 02-03-2008 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I'm looking put in a wired Mulitzone, Multisource sound system. I have the house pre wired with cat5 and speaker wire. Does anyone have any experience of The opus or Nuvo systems.

I got a quote for the Nuvo system of about €5000 euro for just the main system and keypads. They have them on ebay for $2000. Is this a difficult system to install. There is an installation box for it which isin't sold to the public. Is this vital or just helpful.

The opus system looks quite nice too. Does anyone have any experience.

Thanks

Wacked

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

Wacked wrote: »
    I'm looking put in a wired Mulitzone, Multisource sound system. I have the house pre wired with cat5 and speaker wire. Does anyone have any experience of The opus or Nuvo systems.

I got a quote for the Nuvo system of about €5000 euro for just the main system and keypads. They have them on ebay for $2000. Is this a difficult system to install. There is an installation box for it which isin't sold to the public. Is this vital or just helpful.

The opus system looks quite nice too. Does anyone have any experience.

Thanks

Wacked

Ive been doing alot of research into this lately, but im gettting caught because my house was wired arse ways, for a cheaper system Opus/Legrand etc your speakers cables need to be wired back to you keypads, but mine are all wired back to the central hub :mad:.

If your speaker wiring is going back to the keypads, the opus 300 is a pretty cheap system and you could pick up a 4 zone system for around €1,600.00, i've seen them around on the web.

I Don't have any experience 1st hand using any of these but the opus 300 in supposed to be pretty easy install also, so that will save you a few €€€

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

If the speaker cables are going to the keypads then it is more than likely an Abus system which is the most basic form of multi zone audio system on the market.
    The amplifier is contained in the back of the keypad and usually relatively low power, 5-10 watts max.
    The keypads will be very limited in what you can do and do not provide any feedback on what source you are on etc.
    You can still use the system remote that comes with the system to control your source equipment but will need multiples of the remote if everybody wants to be able to control the source equipment!
    Abus licence their technology out to all the major manafacturers such as Nuvo, Russound etc so they will all operate in a similar manner and have similar restrictions on what you can do with them.
    If your speaker cables are wired back to a central location it gives you much more flexibility in terms of choice of keypad and system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Wacked,

Have you had a look at the Nuvo Essentia E6G. Quite a bit cheaper than the Grand Concerto. Six sources, six zones and smaller oled keypads. All the functionality of the Grand Concerto. Have boxes already been installed for the Grand Concerto keypads or do you specifically need 8 zones.

There is no installation box, someone is tellin you fibs. There is an IR learning station which is not available to the public. The Concerto will work out of the box and it can be configured via the keypads but to get it "singing" you need the configuration software and a usb to rs232 cable.

@torres, How are you getting on. I haven't been near the computer for the last week. Will send you that PM I promised in the morning..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

knx wrote: »
    @torres, How are you getting on. I haven't been near the computer for the last week. Will send you that PM I promised in the morning..

I'm getting on ok mate, i understand the system alot better than 2 weeks ago :D

I think i'm gonna have to go with a russound CAV6.6 system as all my speakers are wired back to node zero ruling out any of the cheaper systems (speakers wire back to keypad)

I've been looking at importing a system from the USA $1,700.00 compared to €4,000/€5,000 here, i'm just worried about changing the power, if it would damage the system and im also wondering do it allow other source equipment (non russound) to be compatiable. (im sure it does though)

Its seems easy enough to install (ive read the installation manual) and would also have brother in law (Electrican with me)

Advertisement