Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting microphone to home cinema system

Options
  • 02-03-2008 6:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, so feel free to move if it is not.
    I have a Samsung ps42q97 LCD TV, and a Samsung HT-X250R home cinema system.
    I have karaoke dvds i created which contain hundreds of karaoke tracks, each in avi format. I also have a standard handheld microphone.
    So i can play the files back on my computer no problem, with the mic connected for karaoke.
    I can also play the files through my home cinema system as it plays avi`s.
    However, how can i connect my mic to my tv or home cinema system for my voice to be heard also through the TV/home cinema system???
    Neither of the units have a mic input.
    Is it possible to use an adapter of some sorts that can convert from the mic cable to an rca cable for audio input???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

in theory, yes you can convert the mic to rca plugs.

but, the mic would then plug into the AUX rca inputs. so to hear the mic you need to select the AUX input and not DVD. so you could hear the mic, but not the dvd and visa versa.

you could always buy a small mixer and a second dvd player. this would mix the two audio sources and the you could output that to the home cinemas aux input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

Any idea where to buy/get a small and cheap mixer which would be suitable for this then?
    And would the mic connect to the mixer directly or would i need to convert it to rca first?

well sounds around on capel street do a fairly large range of stuff. gemini do a few nice budget mixers for around 50 quid.

http://www.geminidj.com/ps121x.html

http://www.soundsaround.ie/

something like that. and that has a direct 1/4" mic input.

to be honest, you could probably buy a dedicated karaoke machine that plays avis for cheap enough money. and that would have two mic inputs etc. you could then hook that up to the home cinema system.

doing it with a mixer needs you buy a new mixer and another dvd player that will play the avis as well.

Advertisement