Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying

Options
  • 01-03-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

I have work experience this year so my exams are starting Monday (Gasp).
    I should be studying and I am (to a degree), but every time I go to ding into the notes, something gets in the way, Boards is a prime example, this thread is another, and me lurking and waiting for replys is one more!

So what do you do when you are supposed to be studying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

..Still lurking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

that last question doesn't really relate to your dilemma (it sounds like you want to know how to procrastinate)

i'd suggest looking up recommended reading but it'd really help if you stated what subject you are studying as there are varying degrees of studying (i "study" English but it really does not relate to studying Law for example, in which you must actually learn certain laws etc, whereas in English you're depending on your own creative and independant thought, and not what somebody else has already told you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The Agogo wrote: »
    that last question doesn't really relate to your dilemma (it sounds like you want to know how to procrastinate)

I'm just wondering if anyone else is really bad a digging into the books.\

Studying computer games development, games engineering is up first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm supposed to be writing an essay, but my concentration is arsed. It's like my brain wants to do anything other than write that damn essay!

The thing is I know I could finish it with about 3 hours of work, but instead I'll drag it out over about 5 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I always found when I was studying that I would do it in bursts of 10-15 mins at most.

In between, I'd nip downstairs for a cup of tea, play a computer game, anything.

Even now at work, I find myself doing something similar, bursts of 10-15 mins, with a quick flick to Boards.ie or something else to keep the momentum going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Bloody boards1 I should be studying right this very minute but I am terrible for procrastinating...I just went to the shop for credit in case ny 4.62 wouldnt see mt thru the evening..

Advertisement