Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore - Paul Brady version

Options
  • 01-03-2008 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi there all,
    Could somebody be so kind as to forward me the guitar tabs/chords of the above tune. Please note that I want Paul Brady's version NOT the original one, which I already have. I guess it's in open tuning. P.S. I have been on to PB's website for this but no luck. It's a beautiful tune and I usually play it in the key of D on guitar but I want to get as near as possible to the actual track as played by th great Brady. Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Hi there,Tune your Guitar to dadgad.For years I have wondered how Do I play this tuning.Its just a matter of playing around with it.Use the fingering you use in conventional eadgbe but leave out a finger here and there see how it sounds.Playing Paddys GSS is as easy as placing your 1st finger on 2nd fret 3rd string...strum...then 3rd finger on 4th fret same string ..strum and 3rd finger on 5th fret same string....strum and back to 1st finger 2nd fret and then work down the strings 4th(D) and 5th(A).Most trad songs can be done in this tuning esp in this format.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Thanks so much, I'l get on it asap. I used to mess around with EADF#AD so it will be interesting to see how your suggestion turns out, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Being toying around with DAGDAD all day, lovely harplike sound with nice bass. I have found some chord shapes on the web as well that i am working on. Anyone have any tabs, ideas etc for this and other Brady tunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭oclugg

Hi, you would know what album his version appearded by any chance? All I can get is a version on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Its on the Johnstons cd "The Barleycorn".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭oclugg

Rithim, an mhaith a chara, go mile, mile, mile maith agut!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

Here´s a good book about DADGAD and Irish music. Very helpful info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

its on "welcome here kind stranger" along with lakes of ponchatrain and
    i am a youth thats inclined to ramble (classic).lun 302
    now available on mulligan records.com

Advertisement