Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so i went to hrta today.............

Options
  • 01-03-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

met some nice folks, all seemed friendly.

However,

I was badly underdressed as I don't own any field clothes.

Where can I get some cheapish combats and some web gear to hold a pistol and some mags?

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

eirsoft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭romperstomper

nothing supercheap like an army surplus store? i wouldn't mind walking into a store to try some stuff on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

nothing supercheap like an army surplus store? i wouldn't mind walking into a store to try some stuff on

Army Bargins in dublin is army surplus but far from cheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

MIA has some camo and webbing too if you wanna go in and have a look/feel before you buy, I'm not sure about prices and I dunno about whether you'd actually be able to try stuff on, but it's there on the racks.

• Advertisement

can't believe there is no cheapo store. where do ppl buy when they want to go camping etc? surely not everyone has hundreds to spend on expensive stuff from the great outdoors?

i'm only looking for combats and a jacket with pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

can't believe there is no cheapo store. where do ppl buy when they want to go camping etc? surely not everyone has hundreds to spend on expensive stuff from the great outdoors?

Those camping/surplus stores were cheap once - I remember when stuff there was genuine second-hand dyed scruffy army surplus. Don't think it's the case any more, though.

I know the feeling about being under-dressed at HRTA, on my first visit I turned up with my scruffy clothes but the regulars all had webbing, vests and about 20 AEGs each! I almost felt naked. Fixed that this morning though, lots of shiny new gear from MIA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

boots the the most important thing, ather than that theres not a lot of difference in wearing proper camo to wearing penneys combats.,

• Advertisement

are pennys combats an option? didn't realise they did them. would they have cheapy camo jackets with pockets too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Dunnes in the blanch centre are selling army style jackets both green and camo, they look decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ i find is one of the best sites for getting camo if your stuck for cash buy used stuff. i bought a used shirt and it looks brand new. as for vests and holsters go with Eirsoft

might try dunnes/pennys.would really like to try stuff on first. not a huge selection of holsters etc on eirsoft IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have used the place boston mentioned and they have a good selection. i would agree with vtec tho, boots first and its worth getting a good pair.

nothing worse then wet feet to make you feel fed up...as it happens there was a lot of thread discussion on this before so if you do a search back you will find all the details...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

fairy house usually sells sum cheapo combats + jackets dont know about trying them on though

correct about the boots, i have an old pair of caterpillars that i've always used when hiking and they should do me grand. just wanted to pick something up local and cheap so wasn't waiting for shipping and could bring it back if it didn't fit correctly etc.

i remember buying jacket & trousers for £20 as a teenager before i went camping, can't believe that things are even more mass produced and available in dublin yet there aren't too many places to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Good boots. Comfortable webbing. Everything after that is secondary and only for the look. MIA have a series of camos in there that you can have a toucy-feely of, as well as vests.

If you're gonna be playing in HRTA a lot, camo isn't very effective unless you're going to be in the lane a lot sniping and such, so pick out something you like the look of rather than something thats going to be insanely effective in woodland (which is only of use in Gorse hill or G-tac). The only thing most people in hrta wearing camo will blend in with is into a group of people wearing the same camo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

If you want the best military equipment in the world at the best price check out Red Soldier.

have you been reading this thread? i want cheap as chips from someone local

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I bought camo in a shop in swords d2 I think it was. Cost 20quid and was grand.
    A recently discovered option (not by me sadly) is multicam style. Guyinies or whatever way you spell it, has cheap camo range which you would find hard to distinguish from real multicam patterns. I think it has 4 colors rather than 5. Looks great even next to the real stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

NakedDex wrote: »
    The only thing most people in hrta wearing camo will blend in with is into a group of people wearing the same camo.

hahahahaha...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭chopper j

there doing a load of combats and camo gear in penies at the mo combats for like 9 bucks and camo hudys and olive army gackets for like 15 its great i do bleave there in this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam_Fisher_jk

A recently discovered option (not by me sadly) is multicam style.

yeah its freakishly similar to the real multicam... and stylish too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭BFSL

how cheap are you looking for?

reckon 50 quid or so for jacket and pants. am i insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

reckon 50 quid each or so for jacket and pants. am i insane?

Fixed.

was that me being insane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

I can vouch for http://www.Flecktarn.co.uk. You'd get a set of camo there and delivered EASILY for €50. My Danish gear was like €110 for two sets delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

25 for shirt an 20 for pants in mia is not to far off the mark and they have a walk in store

Advertisement