Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomicon 2008- cork

Options
  • 29-02-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Howdy Lads,

just dropping a line to let you all know we're running a 2 day 40K tourney in UCC.
    April 19th and 20th
    1500 pts of 40K
    Fully painted is encouraged
    WISIWIG is strongly encouraged, sometimes by men with hammers.

Registration is from 9 on Sat.
    €20 for the weekend of fun and games.
    Any profits will go to the Heart Children Ireland charity

There will be prizes! If anyone wants to throw some sponsorship this way we will be very thankful.

Questions and comments to this address - abuse to someone else's

Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

would love to but college exams teh following week. damn.
    hope your keeping well
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 killer_sheep666

jimmy your tau are dead meat ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

james

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭themurphyfella

jimmy your tau are dead meat ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

james

Last game we had IIRC you played orks and I pklayed Tau.
    The irony is that if I'm playing I'll probably have my orks and I hear you've a shiny new Tau army waiting to be introduced to the pointy bit of the choppa

WAgghhhhhhh

Jimmy

Additional info

As part of the astro event we're planning on having a bring and buy on the Sunday around lunchtime.

We'll have a few tables where people can meetup and swap/trade/barter or outright buy stuff from each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cork96

Hiya Jimmy,
    Will there be any Warhammering at this event or is it just 40K? I know a young lad (14) that plays Warhammer, or at least he would if he knew anyone else that played it. I'm afraid I don't know anything about Warhammer/40K so even if you know of any clubs in Cork that play Warhammer I would be delighted to have the information
    Cheers
    Wendy

• Advertisement

cork96 wrote: »
    Hiya Jimmy,
    Will there be any Warhammering at this event or is it just 40K? I know a young lad (14) that plays Warhammer, or at least he would if he knew anyone else that played it. I'm afraid I don't know anything about Warhammer/40K so even if you know of any clubs in Cork that play Warhammer I would be delighted to have the information
    Cheers
    Wendy

Howdy-
    This event is 40K only.
    We're talking about a warhammer event but we haven't set dates etc.
    Because we use rooms in UCC we're restricted to 18 and up unless a guardian comes along all the time.
    I have heard about a club in the library behind the Wilton shopping centre that meets on a SAt and caters for younger gamers if that's any help.

I Should ask what area of Cork, city/county ? As far as I know there's another club down in Cobh

Jimmy

Advertisement