Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 29-02-2008 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Where do Longford people park? I mean when they are working? There are no car parks to leave car in 9 til 6. Does anyone else think that Longford is very bad for parking? I just got a €40 parking fine and very annoyed!:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If your talking about around the town I would imagine they are getting a lift in or something!! There is tonnes of parking around but most people would use the pay and display!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

isnt there an all day carpark just off the main street?the entrance to it is in annally park,i have been out of longford a while but i think it used to be 2 euros a day for parking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SoBe wrote: »
    isnt there an all day carpark just off the main street?the entrance to it is in annally park,i have been out of longford a while but i think it used to be 2 euros a day for parking

I think they changed that one or else are looking to change it that its 3 hours max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I think they changed that one or else are looking to change it that its 3 hours max.

ahh i see,i wasnt sure as i have been gone since last august.sounds about right though as the council have made a complete ass out of the town parking for the last 3 years

SoBe wrote: »
    ahh i see,i wasnt sure as i have been gone since last august.sounds about right though as the council have made a complete ass out of the town parking for the last 3 years

You should see the mess they have made with traffic lights around the town these days aswell mate.

Set right outside Dunnes Stores, Also outside Deli Burger (The pub on the corner was knocked and Boots is there now). Full traffic lights back up and running outside the post office and I believe there are a few more sets to go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You should see the mess they have made with traffic lights around the town these days aswell mate.

Set right outside Dunnes Stores, Also outside Deli Burger (The pub on the corner was knocked and Boots is there now). Full traffic lights back up and running outside the post office and I believe there are a few more sets to go in.

Your right, another bad decison, its worse now than it ever was, no more plz!

On another note, WOW, i didnt know there was a Longford forum:o Now I can have opinions within my locality!! W00t

Ha ha!! I do forget about the forum aswell at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

kerash wrote: »
    Your right, another bad decison, its worse now than it ever was, no more plz!

The congestion round the town has got so much worse since they started messing with those lights.
    Were the local nursery kids asked to set up the sequencing on them I wonder?

e.g. Boots on Ballymahon Street.
    Why do these pedestrian lights periodically go red, stopping three lanes of traffic, even when no-one is trying to cross?
    Haven't seen that before on my travels.

John J wrote: »
    The congestion round the town has got so much worse since they started messing with those lights.
    Were the local nursery kids asked to set up the sequencing on them I wonder?

e.g. Boots on Ballymahon Street.
    Why do these pedestrian lights periodically go red, stopping three lanes of traffic, even when no-one is trying to cross?
    Haven't seen that before on my travels.

I think they do that just to annoy us!! :p

Advertisement