Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24x330ml Heineken for 20quid..

Options
  • 29-02-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

in Dunnes, Charlestown, Finglas.

If anyone is thirsty, they have pallet loads left, got mine last night :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

does anybody know if other dunnes stores are doing this? im not really in the mood to go to out to finglas, thanks for the tip off though op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I Got them last sat in cornells court (all gone now, so i hope they will still have them when i go shopping 2moro!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it's in the Sligo branch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yep, got them in Cornelscourt myself tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

they have they in the ash leaf dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Damn that's cheap!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Picked one up in Blanchardstown earlier. Thanks for the tip off OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

none in citywest :( was there many in blanchardstown? or any other north dublin branches?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Enjoy em while you can boys.
    From all the ****e going down on the radio it appears that a lot of powerful people aren't into this whole cheap supermarket drink thing.

Which of course if completely ridicolous. A store should be allowed to sell whatever they want for whatever price they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

[QUOTE. A store should be allowed to sell whatever they want for whatever price they want.[/QUOTE]

really?
    even if the product in question is partly responsible for anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

who_ru wrote: »
    really?
    even if the product in question is partly responsible for anti-social behaviour.

Let's ban cheap cars too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

[QUOTE. A store should be allowed to sell whatever they want for whatever price they want.

really?
    even if the product in question is partly responsible for anti-social behaviour.[/QUOTE]

It's the scumbags who are responsible for anti-social behaviour, not the other 99% of the population who drink responsibly. why should the vast majority be penalised for less than 1% who are scum and would be indulging in anti-social behaviour regardless.
    Blaming supermarkets because Ireland has some very awful young people in its midst is so mind-boggingly stupid it beggars belief.
    I was in France recently and used pop into a local high street shop (not a supermarket) and buy Kronenbourg for 40 cent a can. Did I see scummers engaging in "anti-social behaviour"? Did I bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

really?

Just back from Paris and I too saw lots of cheap drink (€1.22 bottle of wine) but I didn't see anyone falling over themselves/vomiting etc. I also didn't see many pubs/superpubs. Maybe thats the link we have been overlooking. :rolleyes:

Besides, €20 for a box of beer is only cheap in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

I couldn't agree more about that these prices are only cheap in Ireland. Must be one of the most expensive places to buy beer. I am originally from germany where beer is extremely cheap. I also lived for 10 years in the U.S and while they certainly don't have cheap beer its still cheaper than here.

I am really wondering how many other countries have more expensive beer than Ireland. Can't be that many. I never thought I would be in a situation where I would consider 24 x 330ml of Heineken for 20euros cheap.

Btw I attached a German beer offer from a normal supermarket to see prices in Germany. Those offers aren't even that great but its usually 10 -11euros for 20x0.5L bottles.

If anybody knows about beer prices in other countries let me know. Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

http://webwinkel.ah.nl/main/products/informatie.jsp?catacode=AH&itemno=2729

10.79 for 24 x 300ml in my local Albert Heijn, you could probably get it cheaper in a different shop too.

You get 3.25 back when you return the crate and bottles, so it works out at 7.54, after you get the deposit back, with that offer, if you buy two, you get the second one for half price.

11.31 for 48 bottles, 300ml mind you.

Blaming cheap beer for antisocial behaviour is ridiculous.

Heroin is much more expensive, i'm sure a junkie would slit your throat for a fix.

20 euro is a rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

really?

Yeah those cheap 20cent cans of beans piss me off too, lads go out eating 8 or 9 tins in the local field thinking it is all fun and games, and then go stinking up the bus, anti-social kunts :rolleyes:

Ban sugar too, they can brew alcohol with that for pittance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the supervalu on the quays (where the virgin megastore used to be) are selling 500 ml cans of carlsberg for €1, so €24 for a case, i saw them there over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Back on track? Any chance of making a cheap beer stickie. I have a (marquee) wedding coming up in June and need to save a few quid on the beers side of things. By the time I got to this thread the 'ken had sold out in most places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Mister Fister

rh555 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more about that these prices are only cheap in Ireland. Must be one of the most expensive places to buy beer. I am originally from germany where beer is extremely cheap. I also lived for 10 years in the U.S and while they certainly don't have cheap beer its still cheaper than here.

I am really wondering how many other countries have more expensive beer than Ireland. Can't be that many. I never thought I would be in a situation where I would consider 24 x 330ml of Heineken for 20euros cheap.

Btw I attached a German beer offer from a normal supermarket to see prices in Germany. Those offers aren't even that great but its usually 10 -11euros for 20x0.5L bottles.

If anybody knows about beer prices in other countries let me know. Just curious.

Yeah i lived in Germany for a few years, i remember when i first arrived there, well actually i dont because when i saw the price of beers (quality beer i might add) i couldnt resist getting bladdered every nite... and not an ounce of anti social behaviour either, funny that!

Advertisement