Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5000, help me raise it

Options
  • 29-02-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right place for this

seriously, expressed an interest in an overseas charity cycle last week, well it 500km in california in september, one of the local representives of the charity rang me yesterday, received some of the details from him today, but he also told me i would need to raise minimum €5000 if i sign up, now he would be on hand to advice me and i think asist in some form but the fund raising would still be down to me to organise and collect

my friend works for a local paper, spoke to him today about a possible profile, i'm on good terms with the local pub landlord (well, he's alway happy to see me in there), so possible charity nights could be a suggestion, and i be in the local mini market at least once a day, so i would hope the owner and manager at least regonise me, so could approach him re a possible collection, plus there is the usual sponsorship, but that only raises so much, plus will definatly have to dip my hand into my own pocket as well to put towards it

so any ideas guys on how this might be acheived

:)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I'm also looking for some ideas to raise some money for charity. I'm hoping to raise about 5000 euro too...so hopefully people will think of a few ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I never understood raising a large sum of money for someone to have a holiday, when more of that money can actually go to a charity at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,030 ✭✭✭✭event

head shave and leg wax
    charity football match
    auction for people/services

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LaMortis

Perhaps mini-marathon?
    No uniform/homework day in school. It costs students about 2 euro but it's effective.
    Barbecue, chess tournament, disco or something fun in an area that's quite lively? I'm sure that if well organised many people would turn up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Bring a exercise bike to a shopping centre and cycle with a poster from the charity and a bucket for money. Training and raising money its win-win

• Advertisement

I love that idea about the exercise bicycle in a shopping centre!

WindSock wrote: »
    I never understood raising a large sum of money for someone to have a holiday, when more of that money can actually go to a charity at home.

Anyone I know that goes abroad with a charity more than covers their own expenses with donations.

Charity starts at home. It doesn't have to end there. Just because someone donates to one charity does not mean that they will ignore another. Many people support the person as much as the charity when they offer sponsorship.

Advertisement