Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 250 Vs Route 66 Mini

Options
  • 28-02-2008 7:46pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭

Right my Airis is starting to annoy me as a good few roads are missing (Q2 2006)
    I have narrowed it down to the Garmin 250 or Route 66 Mini.
    I only need GPS no fancy extras - my car has all those :D

So what are peoples opinions?
    I'm used to the Route 66 software from the airis and it's simple to use.
    I have never used a Garmin so not too sure about the software it has, presume it's pretty simple too. And seems easier to upload POI's.. Speed camera locations ect....

The Garmin on mysatnav has V9 maps - will I get a free update to V10?
    The Route 66 has Q2 2007

And is garmin V 10 = Route 66 Q2 2007?

Thanks for your help

Mik

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anybody??...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mrliffey

I just received a new Garmin 250W :mad: I really really wouldnt advise buying this. I had a Medion gopal which I bought in Aldi last year and it was a great little Sat nav. Like a fool I bought the garmin and gave the medion to my old man.
    The garmin GUI looks muck compared to the medion. the V10 maps have no real improvements, when you set your route, the pink route guidance line covers and hides icons of interest such as restaurants petrols stations. there are no tourist City guides as standard with the Garmin they want over 100 squid for these as an upgrade All I can say is that it is a far inferior product to the Medion.
    If you want my advise go for this offer on the Medion website. you'll be back to thank me
    https://www.medionshop.co.uk/?areaID=47B9E77899D11717E10000000A00007F&shoplanguage=en

Advertisement