Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilkinson Sword - Quattro

Options
  • 28-02-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Wilkinson Sword - Quattro-only 2 euro in Euro General but only 1 blade with them,,,
    but still a bargain......pack of 4 blade normally round 10-11 yo yos.......:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

muincav wrote: »
    Wilkinson Sword - Quattro-only 2 euro in Euro General but only 1 blade with them,,,
    but still a bargain......pack of 4 blade normally round 10-11 yo yos.......:)

save your money, you'd be better off shaving with a Butterknife!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

save your money, you'd be better off shaving with a Butterknife!

I agree totally agent smith! Just tried them and they are crap!
    Guess its back to Mach3 for now...:mad:
    ps...Sorry, to anyone who went out and bought them, I really should have tried them first...but I can reccomend the Durex in Euro General as I have tested quite a few of them!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I got a load of them free during fresher's week up in ucd, they do the job reasonably. I wouldn't go as far as to say they are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They're ****e alright. Ripped my face to bits and I didn't even get a close shave.

Out of all the razors I've tried, I've found that those Gilette Sensor3 disposables are the best. They last ages and give a painless close shave every time. Avoid their other disposable razors like the plague though, I tried their Blue II razors before when I was stuck and I had to use at least two razors per shave.

Stark wrote: »
    They definitely are ****e. Ripped my face to bits and I didn't even get a close shave.

Never had that problem meself. Maybe the €2 one's were a bad batch they dumped on a bargain stockist to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I use the quattro - love it, gave up my mach3 for it.. closer shave and the blades last 10times longer! - you guys must have got bad ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have used the Quattro and found it to be worse then a disposable nearly. Cut myself for the first time in years with one. Won't be using it again, and I think the fact that half the time I see blades for it they're reduced, says a lot about general opinion. Won't be expecting to see Mach 3's for 2 euro anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

If you want the best shave and cheap, you should use an old style Double Edge Saftey Razor like this:
    11C.jpg

And $4.79 for 10 good blades : http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/196010.htm

I use this now and I'd never go back to multi blade razors, and no more shaving rash either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

deadl0ck wrote: »

I use this now and I'd never go back to multi blade razors, and no more shaving rash either

But you run the risk of sliting your throat every morning

kearnsr wrote: »

It's not a cut-throat!! There's no more risk really with a double edge than a standard multiblade and it will give a closer shave. Obviously you have to be careful, but that's par for the course with rubbing an ultra sharp blade against your skin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Those Quattros are half-price in Pennys too.

About €14 for the razor and 4 blades. I would have bought them yesterday only the stupid till was broken and I dumped them and left. Result!

No more so than with a Mach 3 or similar razor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Tempted by that deadlock. Any other blade I've tried has given me this absolutely awful rash after a shave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

deadl0ck wrote: »
    No more so than with a Mach 3 or similar razor

I've never had a problem with it over the last 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

kearnsr wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with it over the last 5 years

Then you shouldn't have a problem with the double edge safety razor...

Stark wrote: »
    Then you shouldn't have a problem with the double edge safety razor...

Might get one so. Not sure if I would trust myself in the morning. not exactly a morning person!

If you're serious about getting one you should also get a shaving brush.

There's a lot of info on the web about using them, even you tube vids:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5u28JfnCM

It's worth switching to them, in my opinion, but you do need to learn how to use them correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

Well i too have gotten free ones, and i thought they were great

but mach 3 has been really reliable for me, bought a bulk order and lasted over a year

now have the "fun" of shopping around and looking for a decent offer bulk wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Hmm, never tried shaving against the grain but then again I'm using a Mach3 so I ain't trying it with that! Nice video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Sensor Excel is the best in shop razor imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement