Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Gel

Options
  • 28-02-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

OK I was just wondering could anyone help me with a problem I have. When I go to work in the morning I gel my hair and head off to work. However, by about 3 O clock in the afternoon the gel has dried out of my hair and all thats left is a big clump of horrible, flaky residue in my hair. Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

My ex used to hate me messing with his hair cos the gel would go all flakey, I don't remember him having your problem though, have you tried different gels? Do you touch your hair during the day a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Raspberry

Guys are much hotter with out hair gel tbh. Have you tried not putting it in at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

know what you mean, haven't had the problem in years though.

i have never had it happen with this stuff:

http://www.no.pg.com/imagebank/20_07.02.06_110p_rgb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Have you tried using wax instead of gel??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Use a dry looking wax, I use American Crew Fiber Wax. Dont use gel, it'll just look greasy and messy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

it sounds like it cud be that the gel just isnt decent enough to last the whole day so u cud try getting a better gel.

or as mentioned previously u cud try wax? wax seems to work much better for me than gel used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 briano1984

if u r ever in dublin go to grafton barbers at the top of the street near stephens green. 'pasted' is the best but they do at least 4 other types of gel/waxes etc. pasted lasts all day and dont wake up next day wit hair all greasy etc...easily washed out too

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Jack Black is the best hair Gel i have every used. its not cheap but its the best. cost me about $15 for a 4oz (118ml) bottle.never had any problems with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Use a dry looking wax, I use American Crew Fiber Wax.

Where may one purchase this, speedboatchase? Does it give a true matt look?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ya, IMO its the best, but you gotta rub it in your palms first so it doesnt clump. You can get it that barbers beside Jack and Jones, near Central bank, or the Knights barbers in Stephens Green. Sometimes you can it with free shampoo, which is great cos its minty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Try using wax with a small amount of gel over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

TBH I think your just usin cheap Gel

I use Brylcreem's gel and its great. It doesnt set like rock, and when it dries out it keeps the style, but in a non-clumpy way

Try some, its class! Wet your hair, give the gel a good rub in, brush your hair with a brush/comb, THEN style it with yer hands

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

American crew fiber is > *
    I've tried quite a few and its by far the best I've used, you can get it in most barbers, incidentally I get it the same place as speedboatchase, in Trinity Barber ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Gel is just brutal altogether, there's much better products out there these days, some of the Garnier ones are good like manga head etc. and they're fairly reasonably priced.

Advertisement