Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me with wedding outfit please!

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭

Ok people I need some help. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I have bought this dress.

I don't usually wear light colours so I'm at a loss as to what to wear with it.

I tried on a light pink cardie with it but it made me look like a granny.

Any advice / help greatly appreciated.

Should I go for like purple / pink / green shoes and matching shrug? Should I wear a wrap with it? It's due to rain on Saturday. Oh I have dark brown short hair if that matters!

help :D

Edit: That picture is slightly different to the actual dress, theres a light lime green where some of those grey parts are!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tis very pretty! (I saw your shameless plug for this thread in the bar)

I'd wear cream shoes and shawl and try and get a matching purple bag. I wore something simialr to a wedding a few years ago and bought nice cream shoes. They cam in very handy over the next year or two. They go with loads.

Although, is the dress white or cream? I can't tell from the picture online... hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Thanks!

yeah tis cream, that pic is a bit crap, you have to zoom to see where the green is, tis quite prominant in real life!

Cream shoes and shawl sound like a good plan and recyclable ;)

Cathooo wrote: »
    Thanks!

yeah tis cream, that pic is a bit crap, you have to zoom to see where the green is, tis quite prominant in real life!

Cream shoes and shawl sound like a good plan and recyclable ;)

I have a cream pashmina you can borrow if you like. It might be a little dark (and it needs to be ironed) but if you want it you're welcome to it! (Brother Tom told me where you work..... I can find you!)

watna wrote: »
    I have a cream pashmina you can borrow if you like. It might be a little dark (and it needs to be ironed) but if you want it you're welcome to it! (Brother Tom told me where you work..... I can find you!)

:eek: yis are both stalkers :D
    thanks chicken, I'm gonna hit the shops this evening, if I don't find anything I might give ya a text if that's ok ;)

Cathooo wrote: »
    :eek: yis are both stalkers :D
    thanks chicken, I'm gonna hit the shops this evening, if I don't find anything I might give ya a text if that's ok ;)

Cool, text me later anyway and let me know.

p.s. try costelloe and costelloe for bags. They've a great selection of colours. They're off Grafton street. On the side street opposite Topman on grafton street (used to be miss selfridge)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

the dress is v.pretty, don't know if there is actually any grey in it at all, but if there is, if I was wearing it, I would go for a dark grey cardigan or pashmina, and dark grey/silver heels if you have them, it's a bit different to cream, otherwise i'd go for a dark purple cardi/wrap shoes etc, darker colours will make it look a bit less summery if thats what your worried about! I'd accessorise it with a silver bangle and necklace or earrings and a grey, green or purple clutch, try Accessorise, Oasis or M&S

becah wrote: »
    the dress is v.pretty, don't know if there is actually any grey in it at all, but if there is, if I was wearing it, I would go for a dark grey cardigan or pashmina, and dark grey/silver heels if you have them, it's a bit different to cream, otherwise i'd go for a dark purple cardi/wrap shoes etc, darker colours will maek it look a bit less summer if thats what your worried about! I accessorise it with a silver bangle and necklace or earrings and a grey, green or purple clutch, try accessorise and oasis.

Yeah I was a bit concerned on making it a little less summery as it's not summer yet plus it's due to rain on Saturday! I'll defo keep your tips in mind, thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Cream is great but very safe and perhaps a little ageing when combined with all those pastels. You mentioned you dont want to appear grannyish so perhaps choosing a primary colour from the dress and using that as an accent in your accessories would lift the overall appearance and give you a fab glow. A fuchsia dress coat would look fabulous with this dress and would be a great investment coming into Spring/Summer too! Team that with a couple of very subtle fuchsia feathers in your hair and you're hot to trot! Fab dress missus :0)

Advertisement