Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooth extraction

Options
  • 28-02-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I had a tooth out yesterday that was damaged. I'm on antibitotics and painkillers yet the pain hasn't calmed down at all. I'm only eating soft foods. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

Did you get a sheet from the dentist with post extraction advice? They usually tend to give these out and the information is worth taking on board.

I went through the same thing over Christmas - unfortunately there's no quick fix as your gum needs time to heal but I found that lying down and applying cold packs to the area did help.

Oh and no strenuous activity that would get your blood pumping...

In total it took 3 days before things started feeling better - Hope its shorter for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

You might be fine now but if you are still in pain it could be an infection. I was still in pain 6 days after having a tooth extracted and the dentist cleaned out the gap and packed it with a horrible tasting, brown, fibrous material-but the pain was gone almost instantly

Advertisement