Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best eye cream

Options
  • 28-02-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I have just ran out of mine, and am wondering which eye cream is the best, in your opinion!

I am hitting 30 (Oh the pain), and have a few laughter lines. The cream I was using was Estee Lauder advanced night repair, eye recovery complex. I found it really good, lovely to put on etc, but am just wondering if anyone found a cream that really works wonders, as they say.

I wanted an eye cream with an SPF, but my beautician said that the spf factor is bad for the eye area, especially if it gets into your eyes.

Thanks a mill for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

I'm using a Vichy one at the moment. Before that, I used Neutrogena. Both were fine but I'm using them as a preventative measure as I don't have any crows feet. I started using eyecream when I was 24 and I'm 27 now.

I always wonder how you can judge an eye cream anyway?

If it prevents wrinkles, you'll never know because you won't know if you would have gotten them without using it.

If it does nothing, you won't know either because you have nothing to compare it to.

Does anybody want to try using an eye cream on one eye only for the next 10 years and tell us is there any difference between your eyes? :p

OP: I've just realised that I'm probably not helping you in the slightest as I can't comment on anthing that helps existing lines.

Regarding the SPF, I'd say beautician is correct. It's very painful to get suncream in your eyes but if there's an eyecream out there with an SPF it should be OK because it would be specifically designed for the eye area.

I'd say if you have SPF in your moisturiser you'll be ok though as, although you shouldn't put moisturiser on the delicate eye area, the skin probably 'soaks up' a certain amout of the cream anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

There is absolutely no point in getting an eye cream without an SPF. Creams can market themselves as being "anti-aging" by only having an SPF in them - and as we all know, sun exposure is one of the worst things you can do for your skin.

By avoiding the eye area with SPF and just using eyecreams, how is that supposed to protect your skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Glowing wrote: »
    By avoiding the eye area with SPF and just using eyecreams, how is that supposed to protect your skin?

That's a rhetorical question I suppose. I only use the eyecream at night where SPF wouldn't be an issue. During the day I use an SPF moisturising cream that I assumed would suffice. Now that I think about it...

Ah, I'm gonna get wrinkly!!

So, I'm wondering the same as the OP now. What eyecream with SPF would one recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

July wrote: »
    That's a rhetorical question I suppose. I only use the eyecream at night where SPF wouldn't be an issue. During the day I use an SPF moisturising cream that I assumed would suffice. Now that I think about it...

Ah, I'm gonna get wrinkly!!

So, I'm wondering the same as the OP now. What eyecream with SPF would one recommend?

Ah good point. I remember trying a sample from Cliniques eye care range and I remember liking it. Although it was rather expensive which is why I didn't get it myself ....

Advertisement