Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verdi Anyone?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is anyone coming to the Verdi Requiem tomorrow night in the NCH?

I thought maybe people could meet up afterwards for a drink or two.

I've been thinking that it might be nice to have meet ups after concerts if there was anyone interested.

I'll be singing in the Requiem anyway tomorrow (I'll be sitting to the left of the organ as you look at the choir balcony) and I would enjoy meeting some of the regulars here afterwards to hear their views on the performance.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

No takers? No one going?

Well if you would be interested in trying this again on another occasion could you let me know in this thread. It might be nice to organise a group of regular concert goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Heh. I wont be going, but good luck!

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I was unable to get a ticket! Next time i'll reseve, roll on Górecki!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

If only I lived in Dublin :( Was it good?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I think it went across quite well. There was one small bit where the choir had a collective blank - but I don't think anyone noticed (though probably those very familiar with the score did!)

It was broadcast live by Lyric on the night, you never know they might repeat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

http://www.rte.ie/lyricfm/concerts/1073283.html

think that's the one.

It's incredibly hard to find stuff on that site...

Advertisement