Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing on V temping - please advise

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have been temporarily laid off. I went to the Social Welfare office with letter stating i was being temporarily laid off for 4 weeks. I am still awaiting confirmation from the dole to confirm payment. In the meantime, I signed up to 2 temping agencies just to earn some money. I have done one's day temping (and will inform social welfare) but I am VERY confused over the tax credits situation.

I called the Tax Office with details of Agencies Registration number as advised by the temping agency. The lady in Tax asked me what i would be earning as this will affect my tax credits. I haven't a bloody clue what i will be earning as that is the nature of temp work. So until i reveal the mystery money i will be taxed at 41% on whatever i earn temping. Is there much point in trying to find temp work or should i just sit tight and draw the dole until something permanent comes up. Any advice welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Notify the office of any casual days you get. I can't help you as regards the tax credits issue but perhaps someone here may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I can't understand why the Agency asked you to ring the tax office. If the Agency is paying you, you should furnish them with your P45 and/or your Certificate of Tax Credits.

Don't worry, anything you overpay in tax you will get back when you start permanent employment anyway, so it is still worth while temping.

Advertisement