Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Outfit?

Options
  • 28-02-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Im heading for an interview Friday for Monsoon clothing and Im wondering what to wear. Do I play it safe with the usual black slacks and blouse or aim for something that expresses my own style more? Bear in mind this isnt a traditional sit down interview, more of an informal meeting with the manager. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Honestly I have never worn a suit for any clothing retail job I have been interviewed for, and Ive never been turned down for a job! I usually guage my outfit on what the shop assistants wear and go a step up.
    Example for my current job its all about the denim-be it with casual tops or shirts, but for my interview I wore a navy,purple,coral knit marks and spencers limited collection dress, navy leggings and coral pumps. Make an effort with accessories also, in Monsoon you get to pick out your own clothes and jewelery for uniform so its nice to see someone in clothes other than a suit to guage how they would wear the product. Make sure hair and make up are pristine, at the end of the day retail is all about appearance, especially the face and as some previous managers of mine have admited they would never hire someone who looked "dog rough" as one so kindly put it. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Honestly I have never worn a suit for any clothing retail job I have been interviewed for, and Ive never been turned down for a job! I usually guage my outfit on what the shop assistants wear and go a step up.
    Example for my current job its all about the denim-be it with casual tops or shirts, but for my interview I wore a navy,purple,coral knit marks and spencers limited collection dress, navy leggings and coral pumps. Make an effort with accessories also, in Monsoon you get to pick out your own clothes and jewelery for uniform so its nice to see someone in clothes other than a suit to guage how they would wear the product. Make sure hair and make up are pristine, at the end of the day retail is all about appearance, especially the face and as some previous managers of mine have admited they would never hire someone who looked "dog rough" as one so kindly put it. Good luck!

A1 advice there, id do what she said!!

P.S your outfit sounded gorgeuos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Make an effort with accessories also, in Monsoon you get to pick out your own clothes and jewelery for uniform so its nice to see someone in clothes other than a suit to guage how they would wear the product.

Very interesting, but I assume that this sort of perk is really only available to permanent staff, as would a staff discount be, whereas Im only going for part time hours as Im in college....

Advertisement