Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkwest Railway Station Roof Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Anyone know when this will open?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Anyone know when this will open?
    I remember an IE report saying Summer 08. The rest of the stations on the Kildare Route Project (Fonthill Rd, etc.) are due at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The station is opening tomorrow morning, and Cherry Orchard station is being boarded up. Train timetable will remain the same.

Having said that, the plaza looks a state still - paving not finished - and I'm not sure how anyone looking to use the station will be able to get in tomorrow.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=407

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Victor, you got in close in some of them pics, do you work there? pm me if you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I believe it is open for business today - but the official opening (to be attended by the minister for state for transport Noel Dempsey and other bigwigs) is next tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I can confirm the station is indeed open. One the people in the office came through there today. I walked up at lunchtime , looks very smart

Impressive !

Now can we have trains every 15 mins or so please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I can confirm the station is indeed open. One the people in the office came through there today. I walked up at lunchtime , looks very smart

Impressive !

Now can we have trains every 15 mins or so please :)

Not until the next tranche of new suburban trains are delivered (probably in 2010).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cymro wrote: »
    Victor, you got in close in some of them pics, do you work there? pm me if you prefer
    Not my pictures. I merely found the link on youtube.

I was checking out the fares today and note that it is €1.80 single from Park West/ Cherry Orchard to Hueston, and it is the same price to Connolly.

Does this mean you can use your ticket on the Luas after you get to Hueston?:confused:

I would ask Irish Rail, but the last time I asked them a question, it took them weeks to get back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭kelzer

So is the name of the station Park West / Cherry Orchard as on the IR site it hasn't updated the station list names if thats the case. It still has Cherry Orchard / Park West.

• Advertisement

If you read the press release (post #4 in this thread) it refers to it as Park West & Cherry Orchard.

I was checking out the fares today and note that it is €1.80 single from Park West/ Cherry Orchard to Hueston, and it is the same price to Connolly. Does this mean you can use your ticket on the Luas after you get to Hueston?:confused: I would ask Irish Rail, but the last time I asked them a question, it took them weeks to get back to me!
    No, it specificly has to say it is valid on Luas (or bus or bus/Luas, whichever option you pick).

Victor wrote: »
    No, it specificly has to say it is valid on Luas (or bus or bus/Luas, whichever option you pick).

Thanks but now I am even more confused. How can you get from Hueston to Connolly other than by bus/Luas? Or is it a train/walk ticket?!!

Or is it a train/walk ticket?!!
    Essentially.

Advertisement