Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent multi channel sound card

Options
  • 27-02-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

for a laptop...pcmcia or usb?-not too pricey and any dublin stockists or is over tha interwub better for bargains?
    ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Something simple like this would do the job if you just need 2 stereo outputs for DJing and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Franner I Use A 'creative Labs' Sound Blaster Its An Exthernal Card Just Plug In2 The Usb And Its Only 60 Euro At Argos And Its Gr8 2 Use And Ripping And Cleaning Up Sound, Roll On The 8th Of March For Some Banging,banging Techno/trance :d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ok if you don't go with the pcmcia thingy cornbb recommended, I'd look into getting a usb thing like thishttp://www.thomann.de/ie/maudio_fast_track_pro.htm

the m-audio website isn't exactly clear on how many outs it has (when you read it you'll see why I'm confused). It says 4 but it's always good to check that they mean - 4 actualy outs as opposed to 2 sets of the same stereo out.

There's a good few shops in dublin that do m-audio stuff so ask in one of those to double check.

it's probably worth investing a little money into your interface for djing, as quality D/A conversion is essential to even start having your tunes sounding nice on the way to your mixer/amp/etc.

that's my thruppence on the subject anywho. let us know how you get on as i'm looking to get something like this soon as i don't like relying on my aggregate device setup on my mac for playing out.
    m-audio tend do be a decent affordable company in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭francois

cheers for the recommendations lads, i'll report back

Advertisement