Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded Dragon not going to the toilet

Options
  • 27-02-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

I need help, I'm worried about my Beardie, I've only had him a week and hes eaten loads and hasn't gone for a number 2 once.

Ive been told a warm bath usually get things moving but has anyone got any other suggestions? I'm quite concerned

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would say go to a vet - are you 100% sure he is not popping?? Have you thoroughly cleaned the cage? Are you sure he is eating well??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

he is savaging crickets out of it. He tears through them. and hes eat a small bit of veg too.

i actually searched through the sand today to find a number 2.

Do they bury there droppings like cats do? I used a sieve to go through his sand to find something but found nothing.

I'm going to bring him to the vet tomorrow. I really hope hes ok. gonna give him another bath in warm water now.

I'll let you know how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

How old is he and what sand do you use? Sand can impact them as they eat it with their crix. If he is young put him onto paper and give him a warm bath, also poss check with a vet

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

i dont know much about dragons i was thinking maybe its consipated i know it sounds stupid????

came home early today to bring him to the vet, but before i did i tried the bath thing again, and presto he pooped.

it was quite a large poop, in fact it was huge. hes alot more lively now :)

he basks alot with his mouth open now since he pooped, what does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They sweat thru their mouth's. All very normal. :)

okiy doky

thanks for the help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Beardies do it all in one, and you will know about it, cause it stinks.
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    I would say go to a vet - are you 100% sure he is not popping?? Have you thoroughly cleaned the cage? Are you sure he is eating well??

Advertisement