Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress for wedding

Options
  • 27-02-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have a wedding coming up in october & ive no idea what kind of dress to get. Is it too early to start now? Im only 4ft11 so long dresses just swamp me. Should i leave it till closer to the time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

You should probably leave it till closer to the time, most of the dresses available now will be in summer colours. Have a look around, you might see something suitable, but don't worry too much about it. I've a wedding in the summer and I haven't even started looking yet, because up until recently all the dresses were for wintertime and I knew that by the time all the summer dresses came in that I'd be sick of looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I was in Fran & Jane today and saw a beautiful turquoise blue dress with chocolate brown beading on it. It was just above my knee (I'm 5' 8") so may be the length you're looking for. They had two variations of the dress, one was rather slinky with very string type straps, the other was sleeveless but with wider straps, IMHO it was the nicer of the two. Unfortunately I didn't look at the price but going by how much their stuff usually costs I'd say it was probably around the €300 / 400 mark but it was beautiful. AFAIK there are two outlets of Fran and Jane, one on Clarendon Street D.2 and another in Dunboyne Co. Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I would definitely leave it, there will be more sales and stuff nearer the time and you might get a bargain. Plus its an awful long way away you never know, your body could change!!

Advertisement